Oh my the shop is messed up

Bart Leetch

But my Belsaw planer has the new out-feed roller & drive chains & belt installed & everything adjusted.

The in-feed roller was real bad & the Belsaw rep said to switch the out-feed roller to the in-feed side & put the new roller on the out-feed side....so I did. I am still going to get a new roller for the in-feed side I don't like the looks of it. It is somewhere between 1/16" & 3/32" smaller in diameter in the middle than on the ends.

The planer used to run with skips & jerks because the in-feed roller was badly worn along with worn drive chains & belt.

I started at 3 pm & finished at 8 pm & was able to take my time & enjoy it.

The planer seems to work ok too.

Dad used to use this 5 hp planer for production. It also has a rip attachment. The planer isn't damaged just well used & hasn't been used much in several years.

You'll need to click on the attachments to see the pictures.

Attachments

• Belsaw planer 005.jpg
    Belsaw planer 005.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 99
  • Belsaw planer 006.jpg
    Belsaw planer 006.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 107
  • Belsaw planer 007.jpg
    Belsaw planer 007.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Belsaw planer 008.jpg
    Belsaw planer 008.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 99
Looks like you did a bang up job Bart, should be good for another generation or two! :clap:

BTW, you shop is not that messy, I can still see the top of your workbench, so that is not too bad! :D

Cheers!

That looks like it's gonna be well worth the effort (and the mess). Even better that it has a family history.

That Belsaw looks like it has some age on it. If it's former production and still going strong, must be good machine.
BTW, a messy shop is a used shop and a used shop is a loved shop. :thumb: