medical question?

larry merlau

i was watching a tv show the other day and they said they could tell the parent of a lost child (kidnapped) from the blood type... if the child was b+ what would the possibiliteis for the parent's type be? inquiring minds are curious...

I doubt a parent can be identified from blood type. Unlikely possibilities can be eliminated. Using DNA (not our kind ;) ) would be foolproof. A search of blood type info will bring up charts that show possibilities.

ODD question!!!

What an odd question Larry. planning something?? :eek:
hey there are plenty of folk here that know i am odd:rolleyes: and i di put it in the off topic forum... i do have something up my sleve possibly... a get even with sort of thing among friends. but in the old days they did require blood tests to see if you could get married now days they dont care i quess, probally figure it wont last the yr anyway:dunno:

I doubt blood typing would do it, but they can do reverse paternal DNA. That is where they take a sample of the Dad's DNA, and the Mom's DNA and then check all Baby Doe's and found children and see if anything matches.

Basically they figure out what the DNA of a child by these two people would be in the lab. Nowadays they can tell what color eyes, what color hair, the gender and any genetic defects a child will have BEFORE they are even conceived. This is kind of scary to me, but I do scare easily.

My wife and I had this option when we had Alyson. We could see what the chances were of having a Down Syndrome child or other major defect would be. We opted out of it,as it was semi-expensive and we thought we would just take what we were given. I am not sure the test would have found anything out or not,but Alyson was not a good pregnancy. 7 out of 10 months, Patty was on complete bed rest, and in the end Alyson was taken by emergency surgery. Everything worked out fine though since then, pretty healthy girl.

Anyway, now they are extracting the DNA from a dinosaur and trying to reverse engineer it to bring back a living species. That is REAL scary!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

hey there are plenty of folk here that know i am odd:rolleyes: and i di put it in the off topic forum... i do have something up my sleve possibly... a get even with sort of thing among friends. but in the old days they did require blood tests to see if you could get married now days they dont care i quess, probally figure it wont last the yr anyway:dunno:

Oh so your saying that you are doing a blood test to prove you are the father of your best friends son and that wild weekend wasn't just a twisted dream? :eek::eek::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hmmm, so maybe Drew is onto something and that look in the avator is Larry checking out the youngun and making measurements and decisions!!!:D

Actually picking on Larry as I feel I know him and am hoping to meet him sometime this year. Up until I cleaned ash out of the outside wood burner this past Saturday, I had the ZZ top style beard going also. Yep, in order to get rid of the smell and little nasty edges, got me a trimmed beard for a while!!!

Last edited:
Hmmm, so maybe Drew is onto something and that look in the avator is Larry checking out the youngun and making measurements and decisions!!!:D

Actually picking on Larry as I feel I know him and am hoping to meet him sometime this year. Up until I cleaned ash out of the outside wood burner this past Saturday, I had the ZZ top style beard going also. Yep, in order to get rid of the smell and little nasty edges, got me a trimmed beard for a while!!!

well jon i know way to well that smell and feeling,, used to pour iron and brass and when hot stuff hits moisture it goes everywhere including your hair and whiskers..melted and poured iron for 10yrs:eek: