Eureka it has arrived

Bart Leetch

Yes my EurekaZone EZ-Smart System has arrived to include Smart Home owner system but with the longer guide system 1 bar 64" & 1 bar 50" a nice Hitachi Saw & the Smart Square. This should make cutting full sized sheet good in a small shop EZ'er.

Attachments

• EurekaZone  EZ Smart System 001.jpg
    EurekaZone EZ Smart System 001.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 75
Congrats Bart. :thumb: If I ever get to a point where I'm doing much work with sheet goods, I'll be looking hard at one of the guided rail systems.

:clap::clap::clap:

Congrats, Bart!

I have the Festool system, but the E Z looks good! They have a lot of accessories that I've seen on their web site. I'm sure you're going to really enjoy it.

Yes my EurekaZone EZ-Smart System has arrived to include Smart Home owner system but with the longer guide system 1 bar 64" & 1 bar 50" a nice Hitachi Saw & the Smart Square. This should make cutting full sized sheet good in a small shop EZ'er.

That's the same system I have, only I use a Makita saw. It's a super system for breaking down plywood in the driveway before bringing it into the shop and onto the tablesaw.

I also bought a 36" rail to use for smaller cuts - just make the system a bit handier.

That's the same system I have, only I use a Makita saw. It's a super system for breaking down plywood in the driveway before bringing it into the shop and onto the tablesaw.

I also bought a 36" rail to use for smaller cuts - just make the system a bit handier.
Jim, I agree that a guided circular saw great for that but I also find that mine is accurate enough that, most often, I do not need to recut on the table saw. Don't you find that too?

Bart,

Please tell us more! I've still got a ton of sheet goods to cut up for built ins, and a birthday coming up. Trying to decide between a 100" EZ smart and a festool. Really tired of cutting all the sheet parts 1/2" long, and then trimming 1/4" off each side on the table saw. So, 200, plus the price of a new handheld, vs. 560, plus the price of a longer guide. I know there are lots of ezsmart enthusiasts, and the people who have festools love those. Tough call, really, especially since I've never owned a top of the line tool.

All that to say: tell us more about what you got, and why, and what you'll use it for... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Looks good Bart, I'm sure you will love it!

Bill, do you have a decent circular saw now?

Is dust collection really important to you?

If you have a good saw,and dust collection is not that important, then the EZ system should be given a hard look.

For me, I had a really crappy circular saw, and, in the Dungeon, dust collection is really important, so that swayed me to the Festool system. Was it expensive, you bet, but over a life time of use, it is not that expensive, IMHO, and every time I use the Festool system, I really enjoy it, and it puts a smile on my face.

BTW, if your circular saw has no DC port, they can often be modified to do a fairly decent job of getting the dust, not as good as a designed system, but still fairly good.

Cheers!

Good on ya Bart. I bought the Festool and couldn't believe how much better the guided system is. I'm sure you'll appreciate it.

Jim, I agree that a guided circular saw great for that but I also find that mine is accurate enough that, most often, I do not need to recut on the table saw. Don't you find that too?

Frank,
Yeah, I do, but I generally still cut the smaller pieces on hte tablesaw. Old habits...I guess.

The Eureka (or your Festool) system is very precise, and you can definitely get 'finished' parts straight off of them. It's also much easier than trying to horse a full sheet of plywood up onto the tablesaw by yourself.

....Trying to decide between a 100" EZ smart and a festool. Really tired of cutting all the sheet parts 1/2" long, and then trimming 1/4" off each side on the table saw....

Bill,
If you decide to go for the EZ system, I'd recommend the 114" system. It's big enough that you can take a diagonal cut across a full sheet with it, and/or you can add the EZ square and handle to one end to simplify laying out square cuts along the full length.

Bart,

Please tell us more! I've still got a ton of sheet goods to cut up for built ins, and a birthday coming up. Trying to decide between a 100" EZ smart and a festool. Really tired of cutting all the sheet parts 1/2" long, and then trimming 1/4" off each side on the table saw. So, 200, plus the price of a new handheld, vs. 560, plus the price of a longer guide. I know there are lots of ezsmart enthusiasts, and the people who have festools love those. Tough call, really, especially since I've never owned a top of the line tool.

All that to say: tell us more about what you got, and why, and what you'll use it for... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

My EurekaZone EZ-Smart System includes the Freedom Package system but with the longer guide system 1 bar 64" & 1 bar 50" for 114" a nice Hitachi Saw & the Smart Square with handle. This system cost around $500. The Festool TS55 EQ plung cut saw costs $440 all by its self. ( Now lets not in a huff here because & I am comparing costs I had to compare to see how to spend my money)This should make cutting full sized sheet goods inside or outside a small shop EZ'er.

I have a lot of work where I have to cut a 5'x12' piece of Laminate down to size quite often.

Then I will be taking the system down to my Dad's (he doesn't know it yet) along with my Kreg pocket hole jig because he said he want to build a entertainment center. These 2 systems will make doing at least one last project with my Dad a possibility as I have all his floor model tool here now because he has no place to keep them. I plan to mill all the face frame material to take down with me. With the EZ it should be to EZ rip & route the materials.

Then if things work out I'll be using it to make a wall hung tool box that is supposed to hold more than 300 tools that was in Fine Woodworking a while back.

Bart

You can look at their systems here.

http://www.eurekazone.com/products/index.html

Last edited:
I'll not argue that the EZ system is a good value, it is, but the one point I will bring up is that as good as the Hitachi saw is, and I'm a big time Hitachi fan, I very much doubt it can hold a candle to the Festool saw, but as you do not say which Hitachi saw you got..... :dunno:

Just to be clear, I'm not comparing the EZ system to the Festool system, as the EZ system is a guide rail system, they do not make a saw, the Festool system, the heart of it, is the saw, apples and oranges to me, both fruits I very much enjoy!

I also think that systems like the EZ and the new Makita and DeWalt systems will make Festool up their game, which is all gravy as far as I'm concerned :D :thumb:

I have used the Festool system a friend of mine has both systems.

The Festool system is a wonderful system. I think I found & have read on a couple of forums is you don't want to operate the saw in an situation where your over extended because it can be difficult to keep the sow pushed down into the cutting position & I didn't realize this but did experience it first hand.

I read where a fellow who is a quadriplegic with limited use of his arms & hands purchased a EZ system because he couldn't push the FT saw down. His Dad helped him put the the plywood down on saw horses where he could work with the system. Then Dad wanted to try the system out so the son set it up & his 80 some odd year old Dad took it for a spin. Get this Dad is blind.

Another nice thing is Dino found out his needs & built him an EZ table & sent it to him to help him enjoy his EZ & woodworking.