Forrest 30 tooth TK

Porter, the 30 tooth, while still considered by most to be a combination blade, lt leans more to the ripping blade (24 tooth) than the 40. The 40 is the truer middle of the road combination blade. If you only have one blade, then the 40 would be better. If you have a 50 tooth combination blade, or a 60 or 80 tooth crosscut blade, then a 24 rip blade or 30 tooth combination blade would be a good blade to go with it. With a 24 and an 80, you would have the best of both worlds, but should change blades for each type of cut. The combination blades give you the compromise of both worlds, and the number of teeth give you an indication of which end it favors. This is a very generalized synopsis of the blades. Hope it helps. And keep in mind,if you have a contractor saw, the thin kerf will work fine. If you have a 3 hp cab saw, you would probably be best served with the 1/8" kerf, or full kerf, blade. Hope this helps and is not too late. Most do recommend the stabilizer to go with a thin kerf. I'm going to try it without and see how it does, both cut and noise wise. Jim.

How does this compare with the 40-tool WWII blade which is also on sale at Amazon?

Hi Porter - I've got the TK version of both, and find it very difficult to tell the quality of the cuts apart. Even crosscuts with the 30T are reasonably good. The 30T has a notable advantage in feedrate and lower drag on the motor when ripping in thicker stock. I heavily prefer the 30T to the 40T, especially in hardwoods, and have been recommending it over the 40T in many cases. I get glue ready edges, and rarely need cleaner cuts. If cleaner crosscuts are needed, like with fine veneered plywood, blades like my 60T Infinity 010-060 Hi-ATB are an excellent compliment to it. YMMV.

Last edited:
And keep in mind,if you have a contractor saw, the thin kerf will work fine. If you have a 3 hp cab saw, you would probably be best served with the 1/8" kerf, or full kerf, blade. Hope this helps and is not too late. Most do recommend the stabilizer to go with a thin kerf. I'm going to try it without and see how it does, both cut and noise wise. Jim.

Jim,

Amazon description says that this is a circular saw blade. Is it okay to be used in the table saw? I am wondering if I can use it in my Delta contractor saw.

Thanks