kreg pocket hole jig dust collector

Mike Gager

last night i hooked up the dust collection port on my kreg jig and i was amazed at the results. without the dust collector the jig makes a huge mess, the shaving ports get clogged up and the drill bit struggles to make the cuts. with the collector hooked up theres absolutely no mess at all and the drill bit goes right through like butter.

my shop vac has a 2-1/2" hose and the kreg port is much smaller and since i didnt have an adapter i had to figure out a way to hook it up. i ended up using some pvc pipe and a tapered attachment i had and taped it all together. its ugly but it works fine

vacuumkreg.jpg

if you have an older kreg jig you should do yourself a favor and get the vacuum attachment for it!

Nifty, ain't it, Mike?

Too bad that attachment won't fit on the K2000, though. But I HAVE seen somewhere out on the internet someone built a baltic birch plywood box around it with a vac port that they claimed worked really well. So all hope is not yet lost for the K2000 users! :)

Nifty, ain't it, Mike?

Too bad that attachment won't fit on the K2000, though. But I HAVE seen somewhere out on the internet someone built a baltic birch plywood box around it with a vac port that they claimed worked really well. So all hope is not yet lost for the K2000 users! :)
Jason, that might have been me. In February 2006, I made such a box and posted this description:
A little while ago, Ethan was “helping” me drill some pocket hole holes and he observed that we were making a lot of chips. Once we had finished, he spent considerable time attempting to gather the chips and dust up. This encouraged me to make a little “house” that pressure fits onto the pocket hole jig and into which I can fit a shop-vac hose. It really works well. Ethan agrees!​
and photo:

Dust collector on Kreg jig -small.JPG

on at least one forum: