OOOH I'm so Mad!

Ned Bulken

:bang::crash:Ratzlefrazzin program that I have to use for work just hiccupped and I lost 6 hours of un-back-up-able information, tracking that I have to account for at the end of the day. good thing there's a Coc or I'd be sending myself a msg about editing my post. Auuuuuugh!

I feel much better-er now, thank you!

Looks cool for personal use Jeff, but this is a company machine, so I'm not allowed to add or remove software from it. The program that I was mad at leaves 'bread crumbs' along the path that I've driven and at the end of the day I need to create screen captures of where I've been and send them to my supervisor. Minor task, but once the program resets, there's no recovering that data. My 'new' buildings are all saved, as I don't move on to the next building without saving that info. Just minor aggrivation really...

Oh man, do I feel your pain. Sorry. If they're documents, can you restore?

Too late now, of course, but for future I would invest in an autoback-up system that stores to an external drive. Backup every half hour or more often, depending on your needs... then if anything happens, you always have the separate component storage.

--MJ

Boy do I feel your pain... I hate when I invest time that is then taken away due to a software glitch. Most of our office software has auto-save every so many minutes to the main server, but when I'm somewhere that does not, I get nervous and every once in a while dump whatever I'm doing on the thumbdrive I carry on my keychain. Just piece of mind.