OneWay Easy Core

Well came home yesterday after being on the road for work. Walked in and had this hugh box sitting in the middle of the living room and of course the LOML standing there with a grin on her face like a cat that ate the canary. Anyway opened the box and she had gotten me for my birthday a OneWay Easy Core System with 3 knives. I had asked about them and wanted one but had just bought the Monster Articulating Arm hollowing tool so decided I would wait till this next winter or next spring. She called CSUSA while I was gone and they helped her. I was surprised they even got the clamp block. I am going to keep her around. What a surprise. She told me maybe when I do a big bowl now I won't have to carry 2 or 3 snow shovels full of chips out. :rofl:

Attachments

• OneWay Easy Core 2.jpg
    OneWay Easy Core 2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 48
Congrats Bernie!

You sure have a great wife!

After watching Dave's demo I am inspired to use mine again. We got six inches of snow last night so I might wait a week or two.

You're a lucky fella' Bernie!!

Congrats on the coring tool - I'd be happy about swapping chips for blanks too!!

cheers eh?

Woo hoo! Congrats, Bernie. You must have been a real good boy for Santa to keep giving you goodies this far after Christmas. Based on what I've seen of the various coring systems, the Oneway rig sure looks like the way to go. Been keeping my eye on them, waiting for the wallet to catch up a bit. ;)

Hey Bernie, you suck! :thumb:

Your wife is certainly one fine lady :clap:

I've also been eying that unit, make sure you give us a full progress report and parts listing, as we have very similar lathes! :D

Thanks guys. Yep she is one fine lady. I should say she has kept me around for 40 yrs as of last December. I am hoping to get some good sized logs this spring to give it a go. I will give a report as soon as I get a chance to give it a spin. They have changed the shape of the tip by sharpening it different so will cut better and tends to drift less. You can buy their jig to set the tool rest to the same angle everytime and holds the cutter the same way everytime. I think it is going to be a slick system.