Small gloat

Cecil Arnold

Is a DC really a tool? I guess that's where this belongs. I've been spending the past few weeks putting this Clear Vue up, after painting the MDF parts, and have been waiting for some warmer weather before I continue the process. I've also been waiting for Jim O'Dell and Doug Shepard to finish their installations so I could benefit from their experience. Jim has been very helpful so I haven't had to bug Doug yet.

I did find a bag filler--in the second picture--that I plan on cutting to size to hold a garbage bag in the trash can. Hopefully that will make it easier to keep the chips collected once I get back to making chips. My shop is a mess for now and will remain so until this project gets finished. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DC1.jpg
    DC1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 30
  • TC1.jpg
    TC1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 23
That's no small gloat, Cecil. Its a major accomplishment in my book. Your ClearVue project is looking great! I wish my ClearVue install was as far along as yours, but I have had some delays.

Did you modify you exhaust port? I think I see a little modification in your pictures.

Hope you will continue to furnish updates.

Best to you,

Jerry

PS....sent you email.

Jerry,

Because of the location where I could put the CV I will have to run a long return to the filters. While I will lose some efficiency by doing this the return will be 8" round, rigid A/C ducting. According to some info on Bill P's site the ducting should act as a muffler, so the trade off seems worth it to me. The outlet is modified to come straight off the unit and will run parallel to the 6" PVC. Ed can furnish the transition for anyone wanting to go straight to a plenum for their filters.

Jerry,

Because of the location where I could put the CV I will have to run a long return to the filters. While I will lose some efficiency by doing this the return will be 8" round, rigid A/C ducting. According to some info on Bill P's site the ducting should act as a muffler, so the trade off seems worth it to me. The outlet is modified to come straight off the unit and will run parallel to the 6" PVC. Ed can furnish the transition for anyone wanting to go straight to a plenum for their filters.

Cecil,

Coincidentally, I have a tentative plan to do the same thing. However, in my case I have been wasting my downtime trying to reinvent the wheel. It never occured to me to ask Ed about it. Since the modification was on my mind, I guess I was quick to see yours.

See, you didn't just post a gloat. You are spreading good ideas as a public service! :thumb:

Jerry

Looks GREAT, Cecil!! Glad I could help a little. I went ahead and just made my own transition. I used the factory turn down and mimicked it in wood, then mounted it to a large wood "plate", cut out a round hole for the 8" metal HVAC wye, then screwed and glued it all together. You can see it at: http://familywoodworking.org/public_html/forums/showthread.php?t=252 popst # 26. It works pretty good. Mine is not too loud in the shop. It is louder outside!! I took the ear muffs off Sunday and walked outside while it was running. Sounded like a turbine engine taking off! Guess I'll have to be careful about when I run this thing!:D :D Jim.