Uh. I "soiled" my boots...

Greg Cook

We got a break in our rain, and I got the itch to turn some soil... Got out the Troy-Bilt Bronco and did a little tilling. The soil is still a bit wet from the rain we've had, but it turned pretty well.

Did get the boots a bit muddy, though.

View attachment 18821

The front/center needs some sand...always a little muddier than the rest of the garden. I'm also burning some old papers in one spot.

View attachment 18822

Last edited:
Oh no...not another 94 post thread on gardening.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I got to tell you, I can think of all kinds of things I want to do once the snow melts, but with 3-4 feet still on the ground, it might be awhile. I was out in the woods this past Saturday and there is no shortage of snow there. As a snowmobiler, I never thought I would look forward to Spring, but this year I am.

The word has just gone out, we have had the most snow since snowfall has been recorded. 201 inches this year. Here is a picture from Saturdays hike.

Quick_Sand-small-596x455.jpg

Sheesh, you guys suck! :rofl::rofl::rofl: (still better than white stuff... :rolleyes:)

We are still fighting the mold...it's been so wet. :bang: Scott, you are about the same, right?

Shaz, helps clear the frustration of adjusting and adjusting for 3/4" and finally figuring out my board is 11/16ths....

I did start some seeds in our "greenhouse" upstairs. Hokkori Winter squash, Tasty Green cucumbers and Ao Shiso (a kind of minty basil type herb). Will start some sugar pea and zucchini seeds tomorrow.

View attachment 18842

Weather is for rain again all this week....:doh: Oh well, I'll be in my shop making raised paneling anyway....

Last edited:
I did start some seeds in our "greenhouse" upstairs. Hokkori Winter squash, Tasty Green cucumbers and Ao Shiso (a kind of minty basil type herb). Will start some sugar pea and zucchini seeds tomorrow.

View attachment 18842

Weather is for rain again all this week....:doh: Oh well, I'll be in my shop making raised paneling anyway....

....mebbe you shoud be makin raized beds insted of panellin......:dunno:

Oh no...not another 94 post thread on gardening.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Travis, you are so good at drawing attention to these threads, thank you. :)

Spring is just starting here, so time to get the babies into the ground. Where I am from originally, we'd still be shoveling snow and hoping for a frost no later than Memorial Day. I try to remember this in August when it's 100 degrees and humid. *eeesh* :(

The first year I moved down here, I remember sitting on the shaded backporch at my new house on July 1, looking at the thermometer reading 98 degrees (in the shade, right?) thinking, "What have I done to myself??"

Still here... very different circumstances but, still here.

--MJ :p

Last edited by a moderator:
A picture says a thousand words, so here is a million. (You guys suck..its going to be awhile before we till our ground)

r.aspx

Last edited: