HF #17, another Spalted Birch

Well, I am almost finished with all the spalted birch I roughed out last fall. That spalting sure made for some pretty wood!

I believe that tastes in design and form change as you gain experience. At this point in my turning education I am very happy with the shape of this latest hollow form but there is always room for improvement. For that reason, I am requesting your comments as to the form, finish, photography, etc.

Spalted white birch, 8” diameter X 4 ½” high X 3/16” thick. Sanded to 400 grit and has a couple coats of thinned Minwax Gloss Poly. Will wait for a few days for the finish to dry before buffing.

HF #17 V1.JPG HF #17 V2.JPG HF #17 V3.JPG HF #17 V4.JPG HF #17 V5.JPG

Once again, please excuse the excess of photos but I thought it would help if you could see all the way around the form.

As always, I appreciate your input.

Thanks for looking! :wave:

and the hits just keep on coming...

Another winner,Steve. That's a pleasing form, well executed turning and will be a fine finish when it's buffed out. You pretty much nailed it IMHO.

The same goes for the photo. I'm not knowledgeable about photography but yours looks very good to me. I like that drop shadow border, too.

Again with the beautiful work, Steve!?!? :eek:
I'm not nearly as accomplished at either turning or photagraphy as you are, so I can't offer any critiquing. :eek:
All I can do is keep on congratulating you and raving at what a great job you're doing.
Thanks again for sharing! :wave: