A Zombie and his posting ability.....

Don Taylor

Former Member (by the member's request)
I have been ask where I have been lately.

Well? One of my friends brought me my first cold in five years. (I hide from them!)
A cold to me, with this emphysema, is NOT a good or fun thing. :( They go straight to pneumonia!
The third day after I noticed a change, I was off to the ER for some antibiotics. This time they gave me some bottom kickers. For the last fifteen or twenty days I have been in Zombieville.

I have said hello to new members and maybe a quick kudos for a well done project but a long post was just to much to mess with. :eek:

They are finally finished in the shop. I have it all to myself at last.
Last night I moved the tool boxes and a few of the big machines to place them for the last time. I am hooking them up to the DC and about to move all those oak logs in off the porch and start to work finishing my corner counter and work table.

Here is the storage of my sheet cutting setup. I will of course make a better cradle for it to raise it a bit higher.

100_2498.jpg

100_2505.jpg

Here is the finished center pole and a couple of DC hookups. FINALLY!

100_2504.jpg

100_2507-1.jpg

100_2508.jpg

100_2500.jpg

I spent a week cleaning and waxing cast iron after the contractor messes.
All that's left is the band saw.
Let me get the last positioning of the tools and things put away and I may, Just MAY show you fellers and girls some saw dust!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

DT

Sorry about the cold, that sucks.

I've been nursing an infection in my leg for about two months now, slowly but surely winning, but it still sucks. :(

Your DC tree, heck string some lights on that sucker come Christmas, and put your latest toy, errr tool under it and you are done decorating for Christmas :D :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good to have you back on your feet Don! :wave:

Boy oh Boy, that shop is looking Absolutely FANTASTIC, Don.:thumb:

I guess my intuition about you being "Down & Out" was correct. Sure sorry to hear you were sick, but glad you're recovering. I fought "Some kind of Bug" for NEARLY 3 months, and still haven't got my strength OR endurance back & Doc said it may be 2 to 3 more months before I do.

For the FIRST time in over 3 1/2 months, I cut one sheet of OSB to length yesterday and then routed out a small section on the back for a 1/4" x 2" x 10" shelf hangar bracket/strap, then after 3 failed attempts, I finally got it up in position (against the top 2/3 of the wall) and got 6 temporary screws in it to hold it in position and had to give it up for the day, as I had NO energy left.:bang: Of course, the shop is still so FULL of constr mat'l, tools (and temporarily stored junk) that I had to haul everything outside to have room to work on it, and then haul everything back inside for the night. Before I got that crud, I could have done all 4 of the remaining sheets for that wall in the same amount of time.:bang::bang:

I need some of those "Perpetual Youth Pills" REAL BAD,:rofl::rofl: 'cause the Recovery time is getting ridiculous.:rolleyes:

I only mention all this to tell you to not overdo it and get a relapse like I did.:doh:

Last edited:
Well, I guess I really did recover pretty well. My good friend (Another Don) came by around midnight, after work.
He helped me with some super duper moves. What is left is a full days cleaning and putting things away in the new cabinets etc.

The VA set me up with these portable oxygen bottles and the company that does the servicing patched some tubing together to give me 14 feet to move around with instead of keeping the bottle on my shoulder. I don't like the stupid thing but I guess they were right. :eek: I sure feel better and am able to get MUCH more done using it. Once I get some rubber mats down I'll be able to last a full day in the shop. Nothing to be done about an old man's sore legs on concrete I guess. :rofl::rofl:

I am a lucky man. I have two hands, two legs and two eyes that still work. If I have to move a bit slower? I can do that... :thumb: Some are not so fortunate.

Thanks to you all for the kind thoughts.

DT

Last edited:
Glad to see you back among the living, Don. You mentioned still having a day's worth of cleanup to do. Where? In that operating room you call a shop? I'm thinkin' not. :p

You've sure got yourself a sweet setup there, Don. Here's hoping you can get some sawdust scattered around a little bit soon. Just take 'er easy and don't push yourself too hard. ;)

Yeah sure is nice to see you on here Don. My FIL has to carry bottled wind, but he does alright with it. He gets around so I am sure you will manage. Nice lookingshop my friend...nice looking shop:thumb:

Glad to see you back among the living, Don. You mentioned still having a day's worth of cleanup to do. Where? In that operating room you call a shop? I'm thinkin' not. :p

You've sure got yourself a sweet setup there, Don. Here's hoping you can get some sawdust scattered around a little bit soon. Just take 'er easy and don't push yourself too hard. ;)

The contractors left a nice coat of chalk over everything that wasn't covered, from patching the walls and overhead.
Plus all the little items will now have a home of their own.

I will show you "clean" in a few days Vaughn.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

And it should be easier to keep that way too once I am finished. :thumb:
Sawdust gives a shop a homey look, I can live with that and even look forward to it:laugh2:
Trashy drives me nuts. :(

DT

Yeah sure is nice to see you on here Don. My FIL has to carry bottled wind, but he does alright with it. He gets around so I am sure you will manage. Nice lookingshop my friend...nice looking shop:thumb:

Thanks Travis, What I want to do is finally MAKE SOMETHING! :rofl:

Then I will feel like I really belong. :eek:

DT

Hi Don, glad to see you back where you belong, boy what a toys you have to play with, looks like a profession machine shop, I'm green of envy.

Ad :wave: