Other end of the scale

Having seen some of the wonderful workshops you guys wortk out of I thought it might amuse you to see how the other half lives

Shed is 10' x 6' and at the moment is knee deep in shavings as I haven't cleared up after a weekends turning.

Pete

I don't believe in judging a man (or woman) by his/her workshop. It's what you produce in it that counts! And what I've seen of your work is very impressive. The only person who should be concerned with your shop is you. :thumb: As long as you enjoy what you're doing in it, who cares what anyone else thinks.
Of course, I must admit I'd like a much larger shop just like most woodworkers would.:)

Looks pretty cozy to me, Pete. On the plus side, I'll bet it doesn't take a lot of sweeping to clear the floor of woodchips. I agree with Gord...it's not the size of the shop, but what you produce in it that counts, and you seem to have that aspect well under control.

But....but.....but....with all that SPACE......... couldn't you just double or triple the size of the shop :huh:

I'm so maxed out on space, I had to go underground, so when I see unused land without a workshop built on it, well.......:dunno:

I do bet it is cozy! :wave:

But....but.....but....with all that SPACE......... couldn't you just double or triple the size of the shop :huh:

I'm so maxed out on space, I had to go underground, so when I see unused land without a workshop built on it, well.......:dunno:

I do bet it is cozy! :wave:

Look again Stu. WSe rent the cottage which is in a farm yard and the shed is on a concrete base between it and the road. The land that you see all around or behind is a farm. There are about 4 huge barns and outhoses scattered behind rthwe cottage but......not mine I'm afraid.:(

Well Pete, seems to me a very nice place for your turnings, and big enough, us turners don't need much space, I have a simular shop in my backyard, a bit larger than you have, I build 6 years ago another shed for my wood storage, and for bikes ofcourse, what is a Dutchman without a bike....)))
I bet you take the coffeepot with you in your shop, am I right?

Hi Pete,

It looks perfect to me. And what a setting!!

I turn in a bigger place, but not by much. My turning area is 15' x 16'. But I do have a larger area for all the "Stuff" I seem to gather on this wild trip through life. :) But my feeling is the more space you have... the more you fill it up. Small is sometimes good!

Best wishes,
Dave

Actually it looks like a nice place to work.

However !!!!

Please don't spit out the window if I am walking by.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

DT

Look again Stu. We rent the cottage which is in a farm yard and the shed is on a concrete base between it and the road. The land that you see all around or behind is a farm. There are about 4 huge barns and outhoses scattered behind rthwe cottage but......not mine I'm afraid.:(

Well, OK, if you are renting, then I'd say you are doing fairly well, to even have a shed that you can fill, up to you knees, with shavings :D :thumb:

How is it in the winter/summer??

Take some shots inside, I like to see the interior of other guys small shops, usually some good ideas I can borrow! :D

Cheers!