Aligning Rail & Stile Router Bits

John Clasen

I am getting underway on my first set of cabinet doors and I am using a Freud 99-260 'Matched Rail & Stile Set, and could really use some advice on how to align the height of the two cutters in relationship to one another.

I am not sure if this is just a trial and error deal on pieces of throw away materials, or perhaps there is some simple way to get the height of the two bits in sync when you switch them out.

Thanks in advance for your input.

JRC:dunno:

What I did with my matched set was a bit of trial and error, but got it dead right on the nose, then I made some templates to use the next time, marked them, which side up etc and the next time I did it, I just adjusted the bits to fit the templates and I'm off to the races.

I know it does not help you this time around, but for the next time, it should.

Cheers!

PS.............

what........... no pictures :eek:

;) :D

alignment

Thanks guys for the quick reply. I went to the Freud site and of course a picture is worth a thousand words. I just needed to know which blade to align with which surface on the material, and the instruction sheet provided that info. Not sure why an instruction sheet was not included in my two-bit set (no pun intended!)

P.S. I'll try to find a photo worthy of this fine site for my next post.

Kind Regards, John :thumb: