new member in texas

hello all my names alex i'm 61 and iv'e been designing and making furniture for awhile,started early 70's (self taught) i have a 60x30 shop in an old three story brick building built 1910 that in a moment of madness i bought--at some point i will take pics and give a tour of my shop. i do a lot of hand work-so i have and use a lot of hand tools, the machinery is-
36"scmi bandsaw made in the 80's
16"walker turner bandsaw from the 40's
#1 table saw 10"general-had it about 10 years
#2 table saw 10" craftsman 100 made in the 50's
#3 table saw 14" tannewitz made 1926
10" dewalt radial arm saw made in the 40's
16" jointer italian maybe 30 years old
18" powermatic planer the old green model 180
6"craftsman jointer goes with the 50's saw
general shaper bought it with the general table saw
walker turner drill press-newman double bit horizontal borer
10ft.fay and scott patternmakers lathe made about 1910
all powered by a 32 cup copper kettle piston driven espresso machine.
anyway this looks like a fun and learning site.
this is the kind of stuff i do-
http://homepage.mac.com/robertsalmon1/PhotoAlbum6.html
thanks alex

Welcome aboard. :wave: That's some fine-looking work, and it sounds like you've got some enviable tools.

My dad grew up just a little ways north of you in Granger and Bartlett, then moved eventually up to Lampasa.

hello all my names alex i'm 61 and iv'e been designing and making furniture for awhile,started early 70's (self taught) i have a 60x30 shop in an old three story brick building built 1910 that in a moment of madness i bought--at some point i will take pics and give a tour of my shop. i do a lot of hand work-so i have and use a lot of hand tools, the machinery is-
36"scmi bandsaw made in the 80's
16"walker turner bandsaw from the 40's
#1 table saw 10"general-had it about 10 years
#2 table saw 10" craftsman 100 made in the 50's
#3 table saw 14" tannewitz made 1926
10" dewalt radial arm saw made in the 40's
16" jointer italian maybe 30 years old
18" powermatic planer the old green model 180
6"craftsman jointer goes with the 50's saw
general shaper bought it with the general table saw
walker turner drill press-newman double bit horizontal borer
10ft.fay and scott patternmakers lathe made about 1910
anyway this looks like a fun and learning site.
this is the kind of stuff i do-
http://homepage.mac.com/robertsalmon1/PhotoAlbum6.html
thanks alex
OK, now you have my attention :D

Welcome to the Family! :wave:

Would love to see some pics of your workshop.

I really like your wine cabinet, very nice work! :thumb:

Hi Alex, and WELCOME from another Texan.:D Beautiful work there. Seems like I have seen something of your work and or building somewhere before. I guess you are well acquainted With Sam Blasco by now, (I think that is where he moved IIRC). If that is correct, between the two of you and the type projects you design and build, ya'll are probably going to elevate that little town into the "Mecca" of Texas Woodworking.:thumb:

Nice stuff. But:

The rule round these parts is "no pics, didn't happen!" ;) Lets see some photos of that machine of yours! ;)

Thanks,

Bill
(longtime espresso addict)

Nice stuff. But:

The rule round these parts is "no pics, didn't happen!" ;) Lets see some photos of that machine of yours! ;)

Thanks,

Bill
(longtime espresso addict)

Welcome to the family Edward, I agree with Bill, I'd like to see that machine as well:D and the other machines too!!

Welcome to the family Edward.

Seems a shop tour is going to be in order and the first picture should be of that espresso machine :D

I agree with Stu on this one, impressive wine rack. The writing table looks real nice too.

Hi there Alex! :wave:

Welcome to the Family!!!!

Look out for the picture police! :eek:

DT

I always impressed with great work.
As a 2 year background woodworker, Im hoping one day I qualify to make something remotely as beautiful as some of those pieces.
So 30 years self taught, uh.....Ill be in my eighties when I have that experience.

thanks everyone for the welcome-yes i do know sam, he told me about this site-matter of fact if you go out my back door and cross the alley your at the back door to his shop and a block down the street is another furniture maker. (we are taking over, at last) anyway i'm glad i found this site and i hope i can make some useful contributions oh the espresso machine is a la-pavoni.

thanks again
rounding off the sharp corners
alex