Browser auto resize test

Greg Cook

Just testing the auto resize option in browsers. The original pic is 1600 x 1200. Opening it shows a smaller size (default monitor resolution, I believe), visible on my monitor without scrolling. Click on it, and I get a small magnifying glass with a "+" . Click, and it opens up full size, and the "+" changes to a "-". Click again, and the pic resizes back to the original smaller size. This was tested with FireFox 2.0, but also works with Shiira 1.2.2, a Mac Safari clone. (Shiira does not show the +/-.) Others should also work. If you don't get the +/-, or magnifying glass, go ahead and click the pic...it might still work.

BTW, this is the inside of my Apple PowerMac with dual 2.0Ghz G5 processors.

Last edited:
:rofl:, nope...nowhere near that clean!:eek:

What browser, and version are you using?

Safari 2.0.4 opens up full size, you have to scroll down.

Opera 9.0.2 opens up full size, you have to scroll down.

Flock 0.7.8 opens with the +/- similar to FireFox. (Flock is kind of a companion browser to PhotoBucket, but is fully stand alone.)

Camino 1.0.3 opens with the +/- similar to FireFox. (Camino is a Mac only clone of FireFox, and very fast...)

Last edited:
BTW, this is the inside of my Apple PowerMac with dual 2.0Ghz G5 processors.
Nice-looking rig, Greg. It obviously doesn't have enough wires in it, though. :D Don't you know that all good computers have tangles of wire inside (like mine). :rolleyes: Your Mac looks like my Lexus under the hood, where everything is covered by panels and plates, whereas my battlescarred homebrew Athlon boxes probably look more like under the hood of one of Tod's panel trucks. All right there in your face. :p Both kinds get on down the road, just one of them you have to whomp on the dash every once in awhile to get 'er started. :crash:

BTW, the pic test worked as described on Firefox 2 and Internet Explorer 7 for me.

Yeah, it's the "BMW" of the Mac line...(I have a 740 iL...old 1995) What you may not notice is a plexiglass cover over the side...indented here and there to divert air over the different areas inside. (normally it is covered with an additional 1/4" aluminum panel). There are 11 fans inside, I believe, and they are very, very quiet!:thumb:

I would love to have a new MacPro (same case) with dual 3.0Ghz Intel Zeon "Woodcrest" prodessors with 2 cores each inside each chip. Combines with a new 30" Cinema display, and I wouldn't worry about how big you make the pic limits.... (Frank would be in heaven....:eek:)

:rofl:

hungh?:eek: .......about the only thing i understood in this whole thread was "whompin`" the dashboard......

Tod,

Click on the pic in my first post and see what happens... Does it open up in a size that just fills your screen? If you click on that pic, does it get bigger? If you click on that pic again, what happens?

Greg

Greg,

I am using Win XP with IE 7.0. The pic works with the magnifying glass just as you described.

What did you use to shrink your test pic to thumbnail size? I have never been able to shrink a pic that dramatically.......from over 1.6 meg to below 5 k.

you`re right don......there`s a box that`ll expand the pic.......sorry! it`s not available unless i place the cursor bottom right....tod