Why now, and why so close...***I went...looked...and resisted...***

Just drop by, grab a couple or three good users, and get out for under $40. Plain brown wrapper, and they'll blend in with the rest of the moving stuff. :rolleyes: :D

Sheesh, why do these places always have to be 1500 to 2000 miles from W. Tx???????? :confused::bang:

C'mon Greg, you just gotta slip over there and get a FEW on a deal like that so the rest of us won't feel so bad about missing out completely..:D

Greg buy them all!!!

then keep what you want and let us family folk have achance at them,, dont show this to bart he will race over and beat you outa yur deal.... you could resale them and make everybody happy even your honey:D:thumb:

Well, I snuck over to the shop and took a look. Lots of wooden trim molding planes, about $18 each. A few Baileys and a couple brands I didn't recognize. One #4, I believe, with a ribbed plate, looked interesting, but was pretty rough for $30.

I did see a Stanley #7, ribbed plate, nice condition except for a small cracks in the front knob and handle (talon?)...ribbed place, 3 patent dates but not the "V" Stanley label. $65 was the asking price. It was clean and the blade sharp. Might do some more research on it.

Otherwise, nothing that said "take me home" so bad I couldn't resist. :dunno:

Well, at least now you can rest easy knowing that you're not passing up the deal of a lifetime.

BTW, ribbed plate = corrugated sole and talon = tote. I've not yet finished my first plane rehab, but now I are a expert about planes.

Yeah...yeah...yeah...:rolleyes: Doesn't even have scrapes on his knuckles, and he's passing out red cards....:doh:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I need for search for the site that has all the plane info...and the strange site name...:huh:

Whew

thought maybe the leoprchan forgot where he hid his gold and greg was about to find it... that no.7 sounds intersting greg.. you should look on line and get a better feel for what you saw and go from there.. the bigger ones are harder to find i hear from the owls:)