a new weekend thing "bench-shots"

tod evans

snap a picture of your bench as it is sometime over the weekend....cleanest bench looses! if i remember:eek: ..i`ll start this every weekend...tod

MVC-112S.JPG

Ha, you bench will lose bigtime, you can still see it! :D

Mine is under 4" of chips and stuff from doing all them bowl blanks, no piccy right now, but in the moring, well in about 6 hours yeah baby, I'll show you a messy bench! :headbang:

PS nice vices! :thumb:

Ha, you bench will lose bigtime, you can still see it! :D

Mine is under 4" of chips and stuff from doing all them bowl blanks, no piccy right now, but in the moring, well in about 6 hours yeah baby, I'll show you a messy bench! :headbang:

PS nice vices! :thumb:

stu, if i get the clean bench "booby prize" we`ve done very well with the forum!

I'm pretty certain there's no top showing on my bench. I seldom use it as a real bench, so it's more the horizontal surface where everything ends up. Funny thing is, even though it looks like I dumped a few boxes of stuff on the bench, I don't seem to have any trouble finding what I need from the pile.

I'll try to get a pic of the bench tonight so I can embarrass myself in front of this august group. Of course, I could do a whole "shop tour" thread and make a complete fool of myself. ;)

My shot at the booby prize

Way too clean for most tastes. I've just cleaned up between projects and thought I should take a picture.......so I can remember what it CAN look like!! :rofl:
DSCN0854T2.jpg

Hmmm.

Mines generally cleaner than this. This is after a hard cleanup day.
Benches are normally at the front of shop, but are moved to the back for now.

Last edited:
shop`s looking better.....now for that darn leak:D ....looks like so far you`re winning the messiest bench steve!

my_current_mess.jpg

my tools and bench are locked up in storage, but this is what it would look like if they were up and in use, Trust me.

Steve, you might oughta consider having a cleaning lady come by every once in a while to tidy the place up. Looks like you're WAY behind in your housekeeping. Have you been busy with something else, or what? :eek: :p

My workbench is way back in the corner but it looks like my real workbench is a 3/4" piece of plywood that I had thrown up on a roll around cart to cut some of it off. Turns out that it works better than my regular one for what I was doing. So the plywood is my bench for this weekend. I kind of like it. I am going to have to make a torsion box someday but I do not know where I would put it. Need a couple of hundred more square feet.

Attachments

• shop.jpg
    shop.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 71
Awe c'mon Tod... TWO emmert vices !?!?:eek:

How is anyone supposed to compete against that! :doh:

I won't bother taking a photo of mine, as I just cleaned it up this afternoon to throw a drop cloth over it for painting a last minute project. So it isn't messy enough... Now, Yesterday evening would have been good.

OK Tod, I'm in...it's enough of a mess that it took two pictures to cover it all. (Come to think of it, this is only about one picture away from a full shop tour. The whole place is a wreck right now.) :eek:

This is with no cleanup, just what I saw when I went in the shop to start working on stuff tonight. After the Christmas rush, I plan to do a major de-kludging of the entire garage. Maybe I'll do some before & after shots to show I really can have a semi-clean shop.

DSC_1277 640.jpg DSC_1276 640.jpg