a new weekend thing "bench-shots"

Boy we have some real winners in this group :D

Vaughn is fairly high up there, sure glad he don't do the same thing with software :eek:

Steve, well I dunno if Steve's qualifies, I mean it should be IN a workshop, and without a roof, is it a workshop :huh:

Just kidding of course, looks like Steve is making headway!

Pics later, I'm having one of "Those" days.........:(

Well I'm NOT going to be able to post any pics this weekend, because I KNOW there are three, (actually two benches and a 4 x 8 sheet on saw horses) that are in there SOMEPLACE,:huh: :dunno: but since I've got the FLU, I'm sure not gonna dig under all that stuff til I find 'em. :rolleyes: That's a shame too, 'cause I KNOW I can beat out Vaughn right now.:D :thumb:

Tod, I think that this is a great idea! :)

As long as we are not being judged only quality of our benches, just the messiness, I will be happy to participate.

I suggest that, to be consistent, each person should take their shots at approximately the same time each weekend (not the same time as everyone else, just the same time themselves). For instance, I will take mine easrly each Saturday morning. We could wait until Monday night for picture submissions, then run a vote on Tuesdays, and announce that week’s prize winner and booby prize winner each Wednesday.

By the way, all you folks who have shown photos already, you are jumping the gun. :p It’s not yet the weekend.

Last edited:
OK Tod, I'm in...it's enough of a mess that it took two pictures to cover it all. (Come to think of it, this is only about one picture away from a full shop tour. The whole place is a wreck right now.) :eek:

This is with no cleanup, just what I saw when I went in the shop to start working on stuff tonight. After the Christmas rush, I plan to do a major de-kludging of the entire garage. Maybe I'll do some before & after shots to show I really can have a semi-clean shop.

View attachment 1726 View attachment 1727

You know what, Vaughn? I bet you're one of those guys that know exactly where everything is on your bench:D .

So far, I like Vaughn's the best. It looks like he really uses his shop. And he has a small lathe for small turnings. Even though he is a Caly-fornee-ian, I knew there was something about him I liked. :wave:

OK, here is mine. Usually has a project in progress on it. Have to confess, I have this terrible habit of putting tools back where they belong right after use. Other stuff just gets tossed wherever..

Attachments

• workbench.jpg
    workbench.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 56
Tod, with all you folks entering thier contest entries before the contest has even started, I suggest that you change the "rules" for submission. :)

Maybe this should be a monthly thing with a week at the start of the month set aside for entries. What do you say, Tod?