Glasses fog up

ARMY ( surplus ) stores . . .

or the like. Its a cloth that comes in, what looks like, a 35mm film canister billed as anti-fogging cloth. For dry land it works better than spit in water. We used to order it from the supply system as an accesory for protective / chemical masks. Might try Brigade Quartermaster also. ( Are they still around ? )

Whenever I wear a dust mask & safety glasses my glasses fog up. Does anyone have any solutions to this?
Thanks
Dennis

Short of LASIK......:D

I had my eyes done nearly two years ago, not a problem, but yeah, safety glasses still fog up with a dust mask, I have moved to the Triton Power respirator for sanding on the lathe it works great, but for walking around the shop, well, kind of over kill.

I have had some success with the "Dust Be Gone" mask, and of course a real respirator that seals to you face and has an exhalation valve will not fog your glasses, but........ :dunno:

Maybe one of these..........

web4230.jpg

Kind of a disposable dust mask with the exhalation valve?

I also find if I don't wear a hat, it helps, seems I don't fog stuff up as bad.....:rolleyes:

Cheers! :wave:

Rain-X should help, but make sure it gets on the glasses and not on your work. It is silicone and can interfere with finish. It's the inside surface of the lenses that needs it. And ventilation helps too.

Real simple:
Take a strip of adhesive tape and run it across the top of the dust mask, attaching it to the bridge of your nose and cheeks. It will force the exhaled breath down.

put a drop, just a drop, of liquid dishwashing detergent on the inside of each lense and polish it off witjh a dry soft cotton rag.

No more misting

Hi,

Most drug stores carry inexpensive anti-fog glasses cleaning cloths, wicks, sprays. Do be sure you remove dust particles BEFORE you rub the lenses. Those dust particles are 80 grit sandpaper to safety lenses. It is best to rinse the lenses off under running water, dry, then apply the anti-fog.

I prefer the "wicks" that come in a container like a fat lipstick. Easy to apply, easy to keep dust away, small so fit anyplace.

Enjoy,

Jim