For Brad Hungler

Brad Hungler

In Memoriam
Hello,

I'm Brad's wife, Barb, just wanted to say a million and one thanks to everyone single person on here who made Brad's days a little better and brighter because he enjoyed this site so very much.

A special thanks to Vaughn, he really respected you and thought you were a great teacher and wanted to learn so much from you. And for what you did on the auction on Ebay...words cannot express the gratitude from myself and his family. Brad had hundreds of friends, and that is no exaggeration, and between all of you and all of your acts of kindness, we believe that we have been able to come up with the amount of money needed to get his daughter, Michelle through the last 2 years at St. Augustine School. The response was overwhelming.

Another special thanks to Frank Fusco, you are a dear heart and God will certainly bless you in his own special way.

An additional note, Travis, Brad enjoyed your posts so much, he would always have to tell me what you were up to, what things you had done and the predicaments you had gotten yourself into! He loved loved reading about your adventures, he was truly entertained.

Just everyone, I'm not trying to single anyone out, just the names I know, but to those I don't know, you are forever in our prayers. His children and parents and siblings are all aware of this site and have asked me to show them where it is that Brad spent so much time and gained so much from.

Thank you again to one and all.

God bless and keep you and make sure you tell your loved ones every single day what they mean to you, how much you love them and just enjoy each day as it comes because God never promises us tomorrow!

By the way, if anyone wants to email me about anything at all, our email addy is: blbthungler@zoomtown.com

Love & Prayers,

Barb Hungler & Family

An additional note, Travis, Brad enjoyed your posts so much, he would always have to tell me what you were up to, what things you had done and the predicaments you had gotten yourself into! He loved loved reading about your adventures, he was truly entertained.

Lets see, predicaments and being entertained, kind of sounds like Brad and yourself laughed at me a bit! Well that's okay Barb, I understand and I am glad both you and him were indeed entertained. When you make so many posts about your life its good to hear about people enjoying what you write and laughing right along with you.

Of course if Brad thought about my life off-line, I must admit that since his passing, I have thought about him. He was a bit older then me, as most people on here are. But he was older by only a few years. I have lived a pretty good life I think, and accomplished a lot and always kind of figured if I left this world today, I would not have many regrets or complaints. Brad's passing kind of changed that notion.

The other day my Dad, Alyson and I walked up through a field that is going to house our new beef cows. This is important tome as I want Alyson to enjoy farm life (and cows) just as much as I did growing up. As My Dad, Alyson and I walked, I could not help but think of that John Mellencamp song, Rain on the Scarecrow where he says "When I was five I walked the fence while Grandpa held my hand." Now I know its not fair to bring up something Brad was unable to do in his life, but I could not help but think of Brad never seeing his Grandchildren. I made a prayer right there in that field and said "Let me live long enough to see Alyson's children."

Its funny how someones passing can make you stop and think about the important things in life. We clutter our selves up with such senseless worries and never really spend time with what and who are important. Farm, friends and families...nothing else matters. Nothing.

Barb, I am sorry I did not reflect on Brad in a different, better light, but as his wife I think you should know that it sounds like he had a fulfilling life. You said he had lots of friends, and as a person who has one daughter, I can tell you that is fulfillment enough. Two must have been even better. Yeah he might not have seen the Grandchildren, but at least he had kids. Some people don't even get to have that, which is a true shame.

I wish you and the girls the best of luck in the trying times ahead.

Mrs. Brad, I read your post yesterday and it brought tears to my eyes. This ole' site we call Family Woodworking really has become a family to some of us. Brad included. I am not very literate in running a sale and don't have paypal, also have two girls and a wife. So now about bills and such. If you are short a certain amount towards your children's school, let me know and will see what I can do towards that. Thank you for the information about Brad and you have my sincere heartfelt sorrow for the pain you are dealing with . I always in times like this refer to the song from Garth Brooks , The Dance. If we knew how it would end, we might not take the risk. You and your children are reflective of Brad, and you will see Brad in the year's to come in your children. Might even be something they didn't know about their dad, like marrying a guy that likes to work with wood. Hang in there, God will provide.

Jonathan, and anyone else who would like to donate to the Michelle Hungler Education Fund, you can take a look at this thread >> HERE << and find out the info about doing so.

Stu

Barb,

I do believe that the family woodworking site is just that, a family. I hope you stop in once in a while, say hello, and let us know how you and your daughters are doing.

Take care and God bless!

Darren, I might go one step further and suggest Barb try using the old Lathe some. I know a lot of ladies enjoy turning wood projects on a lathe because its a start-to-finish sort of operation,and beautiful things come from lathes.

That might prove to be too difficult though,or it may prove to be therapeutic. :dunno: But definately come back on here from time to time Barb and let us know how things are going. If nothing else we are understanding listeners.