Turning Bracelets

Mike Rathe

Well as most of you know, turning is not cheap, so my girlfriend has been getting on me about the money spent on it so I have decided that I should make her a little something and a bracelet came into my mind. The pictures I attached and the one made in this article are ones I have thought about making. http://www.turnwood.net/projects/turning_wooden_bracelets.htm I was wondering if you guys had any ideas on how else I could go about this?
Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• _wsb_230x180_2+Wallnut+bangles.jpg
    _wsb_230x180_2+Wallnut+bangles.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 66
  • P8170011.jpg
    P8170011.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 63
Thanks Barry

Hey Barry,
I really like those bracelets, I was wondering if you can put a wax finish on them like, Mylands high friction, and what kinda finish do you put on it?
Thanks,
Mike

Taking nothing away from Barry's great tutorial, but I found a video on "Plywood Bracelets" >> HERE << Under the AAW tab, Stephen Gleasner Plywood Bracelets, kind of a cool idea! :wave:

Mike, I think Mylands would be fine. The stuff I have is Laquer based (I think) A wax finish may not be too durable for a bracelet. I usually use spray laquer. It's a nice easy gloss finish that dries fast.

Hey Stu, I couldn't find a plywood bracelet article in the link you posted. Where exactly is it? Barry

Plywood

Barry,
It is in the AAW list of videos, near the end, it looks like a pretty cool bracelet, Im waiting on the Barracuda chuck to get here, I cant wait to start playing with that! Sorry Im being stupid about this, but what brand spray lacquer do you use?
Thanks again,
Mike