This is bad luck Allen

Allen, didn't want to hijack your costly error thread :D

In the past 3 weeks,

Torque converter is out of the bull dozer
Lucky that its under warranty but the labor is all mine

The one ton blew a head gasket and lost two pre combustion chambers which wiped out the head and the block

The log splitter broke a connecting rod.

Would you like to trade your jammed nailer for all of that? :rolleyes: :D:D

Sorry to hear that. :( 'Stuff' happens in life, that is inescapable. More than anything, though, I believe your recent experiences just point out that some may have problems we never hear about. I'm not minimizing what happened to you, just being philosophic.

In the past 3 weeks,

The one ton blew a head gasket and lost two pre combustion chambers which wiped out the head and the block

i didnt do it robert!!!, and i dont have a pentogram nearby either,, good thing your one of those rich farmers huh:D just pikun i know how farmin is..

In the past 3 weeks,

nope, I could live with a 60 dollar error. Besides, what would I need a one ton for anyway?

In the past 3 weeks,

I feel for you Robert. Growing up on a farm we had all kinds of problems with equipment and stuff. I am not sure how your situation is, but for us if something was not working, we were not making money. Kind of a tough reality when your fingers are froze off trying to thread off a fuel filter to get it flowing fuel again whets 20º below.

Or trying to get a track back on a bulldozer when you are stuck in a wet hole and the temp is well below freezing.

Heck I even remember driving a one ton truck with no reverse gear, and for brakes we had to pull out on the Emergency Brake Release, at the same time you pushed in the emergency brake pedal so you could stop. Try doing that in a hurry...and remember, if you messed up you got the ax handle in the ribs when you got home. (My grandfather was a bit tough on us)

Just out of curiosity, did you blow the head gasket when you were pulling your tractor the other day, or was this another errand?

Frank, I can relate. If something isn't breaking, your not doing enough :D

Larry, your more than welcome to come help fix it all though, bring your check book while your at it ;)

I don't know Allen, maybe you want to haul something

Travis, Pulling the tractor just accelerated it. it was one of those things that due to the pre combustion chambers getting loose it was going to happen any way. :dunno:

On a brighter note I'm working on a plan to give it Cummins power :thumb: I found a bread truck with a Turbo charged air to air after cooled 4BT in it. Rated at 175 HP I can get the whole truck for $2500. Thats less than a reman 6.2 or 6.5 and more HP to boot. All ready set up for a GM tranny.

One more project :rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl:

sounds lke racer to me robert,,your to old for those hot rods:D sounds like things are coming backaround yur way again:thumb: hope the weather clears so you can get your work caught up.. the price of wheat and beans up in our part is going outa site could be a good year if you don't have drought.:rolleyes: