Finally FInished a Nightstand

I'm taking Fine Woodworking 101 at Santa Fe Community College. The assigned project is to make a table of your own design. I made this little nightstand. Simple little guy, but it was the first time I did curved legs, so I learned a lot. Its ash finished with waterlox and paste wax. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• table (600 x 450).jpg
    table (600 x 450).jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 108
I'm taking Fine Woodworking 101 at Santa Fe Community College. The assigned project is to make a table of your own design. I made this little nightstand. Simple little guy, but it was the first time I did curved legs, so I learned a lot. Its ash finished with waterlox and paste wax. Thanks for looking.

Jesse,

Very attractive table. Nice work! Love the legs. (but then, I am a leg man:rofl: )

Jess I never did any turning in wood. But did you do the legs on a lateh turned off center to the thek to look like that. It's a very nice looking table....ummm would that a a Christmas present I wasn't suppose to see...:eek:
Reg

Hey all,
Thanks for the kind words.
Bruce, the ash is from Alpine lumber in Santa Fe.
Reg, I made the legs by drawing the shape on 1/4 inch mdf, cutting it out and truing the curves, then using that for a template for a router bit with a bearing on top.... followed by lots of sanding:eek: :eek:

BRAVO!! Man, I love it when people post their projects...it's inspirational be it a small clock, a cutting board, head board, staircase, or entire shops.

Jesse...great job! Thanks for sharing.

Matt

Nice work Jesse

Little tables are a lot of fun, probably my favorite next to little boxes.

Hey all,
Thanks for the kind words.
Bruce, the ash is from Alpine lumber in Santa Fe.
Reg, I made the legs by drawing the shape on 1/4 inch mdf, cutting it out and truing the curves, then using that for a template for a router bit with a bearing on top.... followed by lots of sanding:eek: :eek:

Jesse, I've never been to Alpine, worth the drive?

Jesse, nice job. The curved legs add a nice touch. I'm sure they were very rewarding to make. Good job. Do you get letter grades for these projects? I've never taken a class like this before at a college, or anywhere else for that matter. Just curious how they grade something like this.

Jesse,

I saw the pics yesterday, but didn't have the opportunity to reply, it is simple and refined, you should be proud to display that in your home.

I am also jealous that your area community college offers such courses, I have been looking in my area and they are just not offered. I would like to take a couple of courses to help expand my skill. I guess I will have to go to woodcraft.