Need a new lathe?

Nancy, seems to me a perfect lathe.
20'' capacity, I think more than you really need.
36'' between the centers.
2HP motor, more than enough. And a digital readout, that means frequency controled.
Cast Iron, the best you can get.
600 bucks cheaper, a big plus.
I think a very sturdy and very good lathe, the only thing I miss is a chuck.

Ad

Looks like a real nice lathe. Maybe not quite yellow enough for my tastes, but still a real nice lathe. :p I like the movable control box, but I think I'd miss the movable headstock (now that I've used one for a bit). $600 off list would make it a petty decent deal. Thinking of upgrading, Nancy?

At the regular price of $2800, I would get the 3520 as well.
Both of our Clubs had the Woodfast lathe. One of the Club got rid of it. Wood chips fallen between the ways hinder the movement of the banjo and extremely difficult to clear up. The front and back spread on the base was small.
I would even rather have the 2 HP Jet 1642 and spend the extra on some nice gadgets.

Yep Nancy I think that lathe would work for you nicely. :wave::D

Nancy, seems to me a perfect lathe.
20'' capacity, I think more than you really need.
36'' between the centers.
2HP motor, more than enough. And a digital readout, that means frequency controled.
Cast Iron, the best you can get.
600 bucks cheaper, a big plus.
I think a very sturdy and very good lathe, the only thing I miss is a chuck.

Ad

Looks like a real nice lathe. Maybe not quite yellow enough for my tastes, but still a real nice lathe. :p I like the movable control box, but I think I'd miss the movable headstock (now that I've used one for a bit). $600 off list would make it a petty decent deal. Thinking of upgrading, Nancy?

OK, you guys.:rofl::rofl: No, I'm not thinking of upgrading or adding to the inventory. I already have an OLD Atlas full-size lathe that we inherited from LOML's father. He bought it (and a bandsaw) from a hardware store some time in the EARLY 50s, and paid about $75.00 for the TWO machines (in early 50s dollars). LOML put it on a new stand, put a VS controller on it, and it works like a charm. IF - and it's a big IF - I were to think about adding another lathe to the inventory, it would probably be a Oneway - I've turned on Keith Burn's lathe and it was a honey to turn on. But I can't afford it, don't need it, and don't have a place to put it---so I guess I'll have to be content with my little SCTW VS mini and the Atlas and turn the smaller stuff, since the Atlas has only a 6" swing -- but about 34" between centers.