The feeling is not mutual...

I'm still out rustling up cattle, and Alyson is still with me, but while this Calf is quite interested in Alyson, the feeling was not mutual. Alyson and I got up pretty early this morning to catch the farmers in their barns so Mommy did not get a chance to brush her hair. I tried, but Daddy's and little Girls hair just don't go together well...unlike calf's and kids.

Alyson_and_Calf-small.JPG

Daddy's can brush hair too. I did. But, to me, she just looks like she woke before ready. I doubt she cares what her hair looks like. Still cute.

You are pretty sharp there Frank...that was pretty much the case. Most farmers around here get up at 4 AM or so. I get up at 3 AM on most days, but waited until Alyson got up at 6 AM. As it was, we just jumped in the car and went.

By the way, don't tell her mother but she tried her first real milk there Sunday. Her Mom insists on Organic, Whole Milk that has been pastureized and Homogenized, but I prefer it right out of the chilled milk tank. (I never hurt me)

travis, enjoy it now, cause they grow so freekin fast its mind boggling.

she has a look on her face thats saying"but daddy, I wanna be a ballerina, not a farmer"

few more years, youll become a taxi, dance practice, track pratice, softball practice, cheerleading practice, then tack on all the clubs in schools. (I wish I could do it all again)

Last edited:
Thanks fo sharing.

Enjoy her as much as you can, as it has been said they grow so fast!!.

Never mind about the hair, we rude man do not care about those things, because we can look inside people in the same way we can look inside trees and wood. Can't we?;)

travis, enjoy it now, cause they grow so freekin fast its mind boggling.

she has a look on her face thats saying"but daddy, I wanna be a ballerina, not a farmer"

few more years, youll become a taxi, dance practice, track pratice, softball practice, cheerleading practice, then tack on all the clubs in schools. (I wish I could do it all again)

You for got hockey practice. It seems like she was just born, yet next year hockey practice starts for her:eek:

Oh I am sure she will too. The problem is she is a bit shy. If she is going to do good in the hockey leagues...especially the Eastern Divisions...she's going to have to learn how to throw a few good punches!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::thumb: