Stu is out for a while....but is now back!

Greg Cook

Stu has an infection in his leg, and is going to be in the hospital for a while...maybe 2 or more weeks. :doh:

Anyone wanting to send him a short email, this is his cell phone's address. He can receive and send emails on it. :thumb:

stu.ablett@ezweb.ne.jp

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Greg for the information, two weeks, more than I expected.
So a serious infection, poor guy.

He won't be able to stay away for 2 weeks!Here's thinking of you Stu! Get that leg healed properly!

Last edited:
Stu had a scan on his legs, and the doc said there was a bit of contraction, but if he looses some kilos, he'll be OK. Sooo...he's on 1200 cals a day for a while... His wife brought in a DVD player for him, so he's got something to watch.

I can imagine in a week or so, he'll be trying to make pens out of his chopsticks....:eek:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well that sucks. I had something similar 2 years ago and was in for about a week. If his treatment is like mine, he's hooked up to a BIG bottle of IV antibiotics every 6 hours. In between is sheer boredom, though they at least unhook you from the IV in-betewen so you're not tethered to an IV stand. He's got to be pulling his hair out by now.

Last edited:
Greg,

Thanks for letting us know about Stu. I phoned him today to check in and hear how he is doing. He said all is well considering. As Greg informed it is an infected leg that just got bad so he finally went to the hospital. He delayed going because he was too busy and also there was Emiko that had to be taken care of. Anyway the doc said about two weeks - possibly more - with rest and antibotics and he should be good as gold.

Last edited:
get well stu

thanks fo rthe update greg and alex, infection isnt any thing to play timing with.. but he knows that now... tell him that we are hoping for good recovery and maybe with the new diet he will have prettier smile:)

Stu is really on a recon mission!!!!! He isn't checking out the nurses, he must need some diabolical piece of something for a project in the dungeon so at night he is "harvesting" unique pieces of "stuff" from all of the rooms in the hospital!:thumb::rofl::eek::rolleyes:

His wife brought in a DVD player for him, so he's got something to watch.

I can imagine in a week or so, he'll be trying to make pens out of his chopsticks....:eek:

I hope she brought his turning DVDs...I bet he is making a documentary about his ordeal and will soon have it posted to YouTube for all of us to enjoy! :rofl::D