Ding Dong

Dave Richards

My brother asked me to sketch out some ideas for a doorbell cover for him. These are what I came up with:
doorbell1.jpg

doorbells.jpg

And this is what he made. I think it turned out pretty good.
9795d2ec.jpg

Hi Dave :wave:, Thanks.

What we need realize here is that these good designs are not limited by the presumed project. What projects do you see these designs becoming a part of? I can see 3 just off hand, all bigger than a bread box!
Thanks Dave, you are always a stimulant!:wave:
Shaz:)

Tony, I don't know if it has improved. The funny thing is, hardly anyone ever rings the doorbell when they come to his house anyway. He could have probably pushed the wires back into the wall and patched the hole and no one would have noticed. :D

Thanks Jerry.

Hi Robert.

Thank you. Yes, I can see some of these developing into larger-than-breadbox items. The ones in the upper left could be sofa tables or perhaps a small bar. I also see blanket chests but I won't mention that. I've already got a blanket chest warming up in the bull pen. :rolleyes:

Robert,
I can see several of those becoming what seems to be a pretty popular project up north, radiator covers. Don't find many radiators down south here. Also could see them becoming the basis for a Craftsman style head board.

You have a number of options with design and the ones you mention are all the start of a fine, month long project:D.
Along with the good ideas you have mentioned how about the end of a futon sofa or the side of a desk with slight reduction of the over hang, or a wash board looking mirror. :dunno: Just trying to climb outside the box. :rofl:
Thanks again Dave, anything else up your sleeve? :rolleyes:
Shaz :)