Baby it's Cold Outside

It's warming up here on my Pacific Island but my acre or so of pond is *still* frozen over. We had a couple of feet of snow a couple of weeks ago but thankfully it is gradually being washed away by the rain. Better than the four feet we had last year - december till feb!

Yeah, and I am out in it all day long. We are framing an addition to a house which sits in a open field in the heart of farming country....no trees for miles to slow the wind down.

Right about now I'm wishing I were in my shop.

Well I've got nothing to complain about, here in Tokyo it has been cool, funny, the locals keep telling me it so COLD :rolleyes: :D I tell them cold is when the hairs inside your nose freeze, or when you have to build a fire under you oil pan to get your truck to start, THAT is cold!

I spent the day driving around Tokyo on my little 3 wheeled scooter, delivering gifts that a customer ordered, we ususally send them via post, but they wanted them delivered today. Fun, nope, but at least I was not stuck in the L shop.

Stay warm guys!

Woke up this morning to 17 degrees here. We get teens about once a winter so hopefully we are going to get it out of the way early this year. Shop is still in the 60's I am guessing. Got to love a basement!

Arkansas Ozarks this a.m. 7.5 degrees. I thought my indoor/outdoor thermometer was broken and showing 75. Wrong! Was 7.5 and felt like it when I went for the newspaper. Upside: around here, it could be in the 70's in a couple days.

I got all you turkeys beat on temp.:rolleyes:

How about -2 below this morning.:eek:
We let is warm up a tad, and by 9:00 we were out in the shop hitting it, at 13 degrees.:D

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

At its peak today, we had a balmy 22F degrees.

I hate cold! The big boiler (just shy of 1 million btus) is sucking Natural Gas like a drunkerd on a binge.

Joe

The coldest I've ever been was 2 years ago in Jan. I was in Calgary and the Temp was -40. Thats -40 C and -40 F. that's also cold. I was getting on a Delta flight to fly home and the pilot came on the anouncing system and told us our takeoff would be delayed since they had to call the manufacturer to find out if the de-icing fluid would work at that temp.