Long Distance 'Family' visit...

Marty Walsh

Inviting Larry to stop by the shop for a visit during his road trip reminded me of something...

Denise and I had the absolute pleasure of having our dear friends Kurt and Lois Chalmers visit the shop recently. I think they now hold the record for the longest travel to come see the shop. They came all the way from Saskatoon, Canada! :thumb:

It did happen:

DSCF0972.jpg

During their visit, we got to talking about spinny stuff and all the pens I've made for clients recently. Both Kurt and Lois were interested in seeing the process, so what could I do but oblige...? :dunno:

Aside from the sunburn they got here, they also brought home a few custom pens, and a bracelet helper for their daughter:

DSCF0975.jpg

Ambonya Burl for Lois, Deer antler for Kurt, and an exotic Acrylic for their daughter. (The green Box Elder Burl is Denise's. I couldn't leave her out, now could I? :D)

Kurt really enjoyed the turning tutorial...so much so that he's now talking about getting a lathe! Another person falling into the abyss... :eek:

Sorry for not posting this earlier. And thanks again to Kurt and Lois for coming to visit...;)

- Marty -

resent the slur

hey us furry folk are here to remind ya where your roots came from,, back in the goodole days i mean b4 razors and having to shave to be politcally correct heck the word political wasnt even invented then we woulda fit right in..

Now Karl,

Saskatoon is no worse a name than Chattanooga. :rolleyes:

Of course, I still have no idea how to pronounce Puyallup. :huh:

Now just put away that atlas of Newfoundland, no fair looking at those town names!