What 10 movies do you find yourself recommending?

I was actually quite shocked that Pauly Shore didn't get an Oscar nomination for that one.:D
Fans of Pauly Shore (or people that hate him, for that matter) would probably also like "Pauly Shore Is Dead"...probably the funniest movie he ever starred in. (One of the things that made 'Encino Man' work for me was that it really wasn't a "Pauly Shore Movie".)

I'm re-visiting Turning Boxes as I type this. Those spinny things sure look like fun.

I'll add two 'kids' movies

'The Polar Express' which is a visual treat.

and finally 'Cars' which I really enjoy as a 'road warrior', well former road warrior. I really identify with the 'small town' in the movie, and its' plight. Makes me want to go buy a building in a bypassed town and open up a woodshop or photo studio.

Ooh I just thought of another good one. I was looking through my DVD collection and pulled this one out and will be watching it again very soon.

Men of Honor with Robert Deniro.
It's another movie based on a true story. It's about Navy diver Carl Brashear who was I believe the first black diver in the US Navy. It's a very good movie.

John

Geez,
I guess I'm the odd man out :eek: . I don't realy watch that many movies. I do have TCM and a few of the oldie movie channels on when I take the time but to sit down and watch a DVD is something I don't do. My son and DIL are quite the oppisite and LOML will watch quite a few. Heck the last time I was in a theater was when LOML and I took both of my sons to see Annie. I have seen a few since there are time when I'll sit down with the family and watch one but I can't remember what the last one was. I still haven't seen Titanic or gone with the wind. I know how about one of the cheesiest movies of all times, "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"

Tora, Tora, Tora
Animal House
Caddy Shack
Star Wars (original)
Sound of Music
Blade Runner
Forest Gump (or whatever it was called)
Gone With the Wind
Pretty Woman
Ariana (I think I spelled this right)
Shawshank