Walnut Hollow Form

Jeff Bower

IMO, this is my best HF to date. :dunno: Walnut was given to me by someone that I sold some lathe accessories to at the Woodsmith Store. He will be getting a bowl from some of the rest of it.

Size is 7" H X 5" W and finish is watco danish oil. My wife's office neighbor and favorite co-worker is retiring in about a month and this will be her retirement gift.

Attachments

• Walnut.jpg
    Walnut.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Walnut1.jpg
    Walnut1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Walnut2.jpg
    Walnut2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 22
Looks very good to me Jeff, wish I had some wallnut, hard to get here, but I have an option on a wallnut tree, so maybe....)))

Ad :thumb:

Nice job, Jeff. That gift should be very appreciated. As my skills and experience increase, I've learned that my "favorite" or "best" pieces keep changing. ;)

Well Jeff.

You, Vaughn, Stu and all the others who have a lathe are tempting me to come to the "round side of woodworking" but my heart is still pure, we the "flat workers" take a cilindrical log to make square things, you just take a cilindrical log to make more cilindrical or revoluted objects.

Beatiful ones though, I must admit, but I'll stand the temptation, :confused:
Round objects that remind the curves of a beatiful Venus, polished as smoothly as her skin mmmh.... when one passes one's hands over them mhhh....

But I will not surrender!!
....I think I'll go downstairs and measure if I've got the space to put a lathe.:rofl::rofl:

Honestly, very good job Jeff..

Good looking hollow form Jeff! Really like all the texture! It's going to make one heck of a great gift! Very nice work!

Toni - if you should fall into the abyss just remember that there are lots of folks here willing to assist with any questions you have. We love turning - but we all love helping others as well. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new lathe - someday soon I hope!