An Intro to the Leigh FMT

That's a great description of the jig Al. :thumb:

You almost convinced me that I need one of these things. You certainly got me thinking and, perhaps, someday I will buy one. But, in the last couple of projects I completed that called for mortise and tenon joints, instead I used my Dowelmax to insert a "gang" of dowels. So far, I am happy doing this. But I know that I will encounter projects where the mortise and tenon is a decorative feature, and there I will not want to use dowels.

That's a great description of the jig Al. :thumb:
Thanks, Frank!

You almost convinced me that I need one of these things. You certainly got me thinking and, perhaps, someday I will buy one. But, in the last couple of projects I completed that called for mortise and tenon joints, instead I used my Dowelmax to insert a "gang" of dowels. So far, I am happy doing this. But I know that I will encounter projects where the mortise and tenon is a decorative feature, and there I will not want to use dowels.
I believe THE absolute key thing here is that only WE can make the tools we have work for US. And, if we get less than optimum results, or if we want to improve on the things we do, THEN we can evaluate the need for a new tool. Well said, Frank!!!