It's not easy being green

During the past couple weeks my wife has been subtly mentioning that she needs a new vacuum cleaner. We decided that the next time Home Depot ran a 12 month no interest promo we'd go get one.

Earlier this week a 12 month no interest offer from HD came in the mail. So, last night we went. My wife got a new vacuum cleaner and some miscellaneous cleaning supplies. However, this was not enough cash spent to qualify for the no interest offer. So, in a spirit of altruistic cooperation for the venture, I gallantly offered to go to the tools aisle and force myself to buy something. Given my intention of great sacrifice for the cause, I thought it appropriate to bring home some "Kermit the frog" green tools.

18April2008.jpg

I already have a bit of a collection of Ryobi ONE+ 18V blue color tools (the older battery technology) and this charger and these batteries are compatible with the old batteries and tools, respectively. The new charger will be put in the shop, while the old charger, a drill and two batteries will live near the reloading bench for use in case trimming and primer pocket reaming.

The tools to the left are from my recent Hartville Tool order. These are described in more detail in my other thread in Neander Valley.

Way to take one for team. Mark. Sure was nice of you to offer to help get the total up.

Congrats on the new goods. :thumb:

You sir ...are an inspiration to us all!
Your gallantry will serve as a Plato of unselfishness in which we can all aspire to achieve!

WELL DONE !

Last edited:
It's not that easy being green
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow or gold
Or something much more colorful like that

It's not easy being green
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things not with that particular shade of green
And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're
Not standing out like flashy sparkles in the water
Or stars in the skycould they really make it any brighter?

But green's the color of Spring does that color really happen in nature?
And green can be cool and friendly-like or really shocking, sear your eyeballs out hot
And green can be big like an ocean, not and still be a handheld toolor important
Like a mountain, or tall like a treetree, wood, woodworking, hmmm?

When green is all there is to beor white or blue or mustard yellow...
It could make you wonder why, but why wonder why
Wonder, I am green and it'll do fine, it's beautiful
And I think it's what I want to be who am I kidding, I'd love to have a set of green ryobi tools too.

Nice score Mark, way to take one for the team. LOL