Rediscovered Breakfast

I gotta admit, I have never liked breakfast. Oh maybe as a kid I did, but as soon as I discovered coffee, its always been a coffee kind of morning. I am not sure why, but one day a month or so ago, I was starved and grabbed some oatmeal that we had for Alyson.

I think I am addicted.

My wife thinks I am foolish. Its so cheap and simple. For a $1.50 I can get a big can of store-brand rolled oats. After that its a splash of milk, a dash of molasses and 45 seconds later I'm having my breakfast. The stuff sticks to your ribs too, giving you energy and keeping away those morning hunger pains.

Try it, you might like it.

Bought time you had breakfast Travis. I have my oat mean every day. The only thing is there is brown sugar in mine instead of molasses.

Personally I prefer to add a handful of golden raisons, a packet of Splinda, a generous dash of Cinnamon and milk to 1/2 cup of Oats. Nuke for 125 and enjoy. Every day will reduce your Cholesterol level.

In the summer I switch to Cherrios :wave::thumb:

My total Cholesterol level is under 100, Bet you can't say that... :thumb:

Oatmeal is the real thing. I like it with a spoon of peanut butter and a little brown sugar.The next time I might try a little molasses. :thumb:

I do a 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (omega 3's), and 1/4 dried cranberries every day. Been doing it for almost two years. Had a cholesterol of about 240 prior, but now below 200, so I'm sold.

Being Diabetic, real sugars are pretty much a no..no, and I have pretty much weaned myself from even the Splenda on things too, Sooooooo....every morning for me it has been 1/2 cup "store brand" rolled oats + 1/2 banana + a few mixed nuts + 1 tbsp real butter + a healthy amount of Cinnamon, Nuke it and make 1 pot of coffee. Been doing that for two years now. It's not a cure all, but it helps.:thumb:

I think while growing up my mom made oatmeal at least 364 days a year. I hated it and didn't touch the stuff for years after leaving the nest. But a couple years ago I found out I had high cholesterol, 250 range, so I started trying to eat healthy, including a lot of good old oatmeal. I've been able to keep my cholesterol down in the 200 range without any drugs so far but I still splurge and treat myself to some Jimmie Dean, eggs, and hash browns about once a month, just so I don't forget what a good breakfast tastes like.

Just finished my bowl of ''gruel'. Trader Joe's multi-grain rolled oats and stuff. None of them sissy rasins for me - gotta have prunes in the gruel. Add brown sugar, TJ butter substitue and milk and I'm good to go. :)

Gotta remember to try cinnamon tomorrow!!

I'm a granola man. I eat it with plain yoghurt and a banana. The granola is bran, oats, nuts, raisins, etc., no additives or sugar. I usually have it with a cappucino.

Mr Reid, I love your work. Thanx for sharing your site, absolutely beautiful work.(you called it a sideboard, I wouldnt let my wife look at it, shed fall in love with it, shes dying for a credenza)

Last edited:
Oatmeal? once in a while, sometimes its Cornmeal, sometimes it's grits. Most of the time though, 3 eggs over easy, 4 slices of toast with real butter and some type of homemade preserve or jelly, and BACON!!!!!!
BACON BACON BACON!!!!!

Yes it may kill me, I don't care. I'm gonna die of something someday.