Anyone For Another SketchUp challenge?

Dave Richards

39021002.jpg

Here you go. Draw the above but keep the file size under 35Kb. I got 26.3Kb.

21.3kb!!

test.jpg

Woohoo!!!!!! :D

If I could leave out a couple lines, i could get it a little smaller. Leave in a bunch of lines and it's under 17k :D

Uploading for proof. :D

Attachments

• test.skp
    21.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Jason, that's good approach. I did it a bit differently.

When I was working on this originally, I had an opening of known size and the grille was specified as per the dimensions shown in the image. I started out with the square component in the center of the opening (shown in dark green) and copied it out so it ran over the edges of the opening in all directions. Then the edge components were made unique so they could be trimmed. the corners were also made unique. The seam lines on all mating edges were hidden and the abutting faces were deleted.

54f20074.jpg

Hi Shaz! :wave:

I'm not sure I've ever heard that phrase before. Receed in thickness of shadow? - I don't wanna say it don't and find out that it does. :rofl:
Hi Jason :wave:,
Oh, that's an ole Texas phrase. I think:huh:..:rofl: Let's blame it on the Texans!:D:rofl: Let me see if I can explain, the recession of the shadow is a direct result of the three dimentional contour drawing being set in a hopper of soft mortar, the lattice work being supported only on one corner while allowing the opposite and opposing corner to settle into the soft wet mortar, thus giving us a rather confusing and difficult rendition to replicate, most easily characterized by the receeding thickness of shadow.:eek::rofl: Don't mind me, I am practicing my typing skills and it calls for different words.:doh::rofl:
Oh, by the way...GOOD JOB!:thumb:
Shaz :)