Well here they come...

Travis,

I don't know how you do it, but you take a thread that didn't start out so well and turn it into something educational for everyone! I've learned quite a bit about the amish, why they are moving to Maine, the types of amish groups, and not to buy a makita router....go figure. :D

I have always found that most anything can fly just most every thing can't land so good.

Hey Larry...didja hear that.

After Larry's attempt at flying out of a treestand during bow hunting season last year, he found that a rockpile is not a very soft spot to land.

yup heard that!

i kin hear ya from way down here boss and kin stil feel it. hey what ya do with better half she done left the world i quess not a word in awhile?

Darren did you learn not to buy a Makita or that they don't land so well after flying lessons.:thumb:
I have always found that most anything can fly just most every thing can't land so good.

That statement Chuck, doesn't only apply to inanimate objects, as pointed out below.:D

A young child at Parents/Career Day asked one of the Dad's who was a professional Pilot, "Just what is your job Really Like"? His reply was "Hours and Hours of pure Boredom, followed by a few short moments of Sheer Terror at the end".:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Update to this Town Conundrum:

Well I had heard through the town grapevine that this farm was sold, and that farm was sold and so on and so forth. It was reaching epic proportions at least according to the rumors that forever fly in such a small town when such occurances as this happen.

Today I went over and talked to my Uncle to see if had had sold out which was one of the rumors. He didn't and now it doesn't look like they can.

Last week I had another offer from the same people and quickly said no, just as before. Then about an hour later the local conventional farmers came by, and in the interest of maintaining their way of life and existing feed for their herds, started a petition and was getting people to sign it. In the end it put a stop to large land transfers for at least a year for the planning board to "assess how large land transfers will effect the town." Rumor is its 25 acres of more so that smaller house lots that are up for sale won't be affected, but large landownership will, which of course is the real issue at hand.

Maybe its right, maybe its wrong, but at least the land stampede of 2008 seems to be over. The towns people spoke I guess which is as it should be. Wait and evaluate, not a bad idea at this point.

It sounds like the folks in Travis area enjoy their lifestyle and want to preserve it and the history that goes along with generation to generation land ownership. I hope this all works out for everyone.