Quick Shop Project - Sanding Cart

John Hedges

I've been meaning to build this for a while and finally got around to it this last weekend. It is a mobile cart for my disc sander and OSS. I love the OSS but it is an awkward height so I made the cart to suit it and put the table level with the table on the Disc sander. It also give me a little more storage in a cramped garage. Seems to work well. Like I said it was a quick project using mostly scraps and some casters from woodcraft I got on sale a while back.

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

IMG_1617.jpg

John, very cool. Looks like you can use the disk sander's table for more support on a big piece while using the OSS or vice versa...Well Done:thumb:

Looks very nice.

Regarding the casters... I notice a double-locking caster peeking out of the back of one of the pictures. What I have started doing is putting plain casters on the back of a bench. I only put the double-locking casters on the front. It's cheaper, and I can't reach the back ones anyways. Usually I find that I only lock one wheel and it stays still enough.

That looks like it should work out great. I love having drawers near a tool for all the stuff that seems to gather for working with them.

OK John, come clean...I can tell you didn't make the cabinet. :rolleyes: The price tag is still in one of the drawers. :rofl:

Just kidding of course. That's a sweet setup, and well though out. Plus, I'm envious of bother sanders. Great job. :thumb:

Well John.

I do not know what I like most, either the sanders or the cart. Both things appeal a lot to me, so don't make me choose. I think that they go very well together.

Another idea to put in my "to do/to buy" list.:)

Great job!:thumb:

Nicely done John! :clap:

I too like the way your setup has one table helping the other.

DT

A quick shop project he says...
A weekend project he says...

That thing would take me a month to build :rolleyes: (more if I have to find scraps for it...)

Nicely done, good plan too, may it serve you well. :thumb: