Looking for some help shipping a product

Ian Barley

I am looking to try and get some help getting something shipped over here to the UK.

Basically, Lowes (and probably HD) sell a poly pouch which clips on a belt. They are fantastic for the kind of assembly work that I do because I keep a specific fitting in each one and can clip them on and off a workbelt as I need them. The last time I was over on vacation was the first time that I had seen these and I bought half a dozen because I thought that they would be useful and they are.

I would really like another 10 of these but have been completely unable to get them over here or find anybody who is able to ship them to the UK. I do not think that I will be over on vacation again for at least a couple of years and am hoping that somebody might be able to buy me 10 and ship them over. I am happy to paypal over the cost of the items and shipping cost and any out of pockets - not looking for this to be a lot of work to somebody so there is no rush.

A link to what I am talking about is at the bottom of the page. If you think that you can help I will be very grateful. Probably best to PM me.

Thanks.
(http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=263982-1492-1L-039-P&lpage=none)

Last edited:
Thanks to all who have responded. I will contact everybody so that we can work out who can complete this with the least hassle at your end.

Thanks again - what a great response.:D:thumb::D

Just wait...sooner or later we'll be wanting some Weetabix or Robinson's Barley Water, and you'll get to return the favor. :p

Whenever you need it Vaughn. You really mean you guys can't get Robinson's Barley Water? How come you don't all die of thirst? What do you do in between games when you're playing tennis?? It must be tough living on the edge of civilisation:D

Just wait...sooner or later we'll be wanting some Weetabix or Robinson's Barley Water, and you'll get to return the favor. :p

:huh:

Gee Vaughn, if I want Weetabix I just pop round to the grocery store. Have Stu pick some up for you next time he flies home, he'll toss it out of the plane as he passes over La-La land... :rolleyes:

(seriously, not available in the US? Not that I eat the stuff, thanks. I generally prefer my homemade granola in the morning, or sometimes some mini-wheats or corn bran...)

Not in UK heh?

:huh:

(seriously, not available in the US? )
I remember a guest who transfered to UK years ago. Everything was grand except no peanut butter was in any store, so a care package was sent over. The cook didn't know what peanut butter was, so she cooked up a deep dish steaming hot peanut butter pie.
Cheers
alpmeadow

I remember a guest who transfered to UK years ago. Everything was grand except no peanut butter was in any store, so a care package was sent over. The cook didn't know what peanut butter was, so she cooked up a deep dish steaming hot peanut butter pie.
Cheers
alpmeadow
I was in Sydney years ago, and got a very confused look from a waitress one evening when I ordered iced tea. I had to explain to her that it was tea, poured over ice. So she brought me a carafe of hot tea and a glass of ice. And this was at an "American" chain restaurant...Charlie Brown's. :rolleyes:

I also remember my mom finding that it was impossible to buy tortillas in the supermarkets in the Chicago area back in the early 60's. She'd ask for them, then have to explain to the store clerks that they were a type of bread, but flat, like a pancake. I suspect people don't run into that problem in Chicago anymore. ;)

Cheers
alpmeadow

Somebody wasn't looking in the right place then. I've been eating peanut butter since I was knee high to something that has low knees. "Sun Pat peanut buter for your daily spread - Some like it crunchy - Some like it smooth - Sun Pat has both just choose" - isn't it sad how an ad jingle can take up space in your head that you could use for something worthwhile.

Now what is difficult to get hold of is savoury peanut butter but its OK because all you need to do is stir a spoonful of marmite into your jar of ordinary peanut butter and there you are!

Stu - You may be able to get it in Tokyo but I bet its not quite as poular in Berlin:)

Marmite??.........euch/yuk. I guess that is one foodstuff that (along with liver) I just never could create a taste for. If you think peanut butter was hard to find there, just try to buy a bottle of Katsup in Belgie.:bang: You could get a tomato paste, but NO Katsup, (you had to put Mayonaise on the Pom Frites, (Note, that I did not incorrectly call them "French Fries").:D

It is a really good thing that I never did live in England though, or I would probably have weighed 400 lbs, because I absolutely could NOT pass up those great little shortbread sticks that they left in the hotel rooms in the small packages. I would always bribe the housekeepers to leave me plenty of extra shortbreads, and I always brought quite a few back with me when I came home.:D