Jet Tools at the Borg?

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Cruising the Lowes site tonight, I happened upon this, which led to this, etc.

So it looks like Lowes will start carrying the Jet line. Did I discover something new, or am I the last to hear about this?

With all the criticism I have gotten for buying a Grizzly lathe instead of the Jet clone, I decided to check and see of there were any stocking dealers in my area. The Jet site produced many in an 80 mile radius. Puzzler, I have never seen a Jet tool in any of them. Friend, Tod, who is local to me is a non-stocking dealer but wasn't listed. Their marketing methods are a puzzler.

Vaughn, I think Jet has been on the website for a while now, but I've never seen any in the 2 local Lowes here. Home Deopt has some jet on their site as well, IIRC.

That saw looks big (and a big price), but only has a 1 3/4 hp motor? Would think it would be bigger. Is that a normal size or is this one manufactured specifically for Lowes?

That saw looks big (and a big price), but only has a 1 3/4 hp motor? Would think it would be bigger. Is that a normal size or is this one manufactured specifically for Lowes?

That's Jet's latest version of the "Supersaw" hybrid....it has the outer appearance of an industrial cabinet saw but the guts and motor of a hybrid capable of running on 110v...."and a big price"... :dunno:

I've seen Jet at lowes for a few years now, but they always have the smallest model they sell. Like the cheapest contractor saw with stamped steel wings and crappy fence. I noticed that it is usually on display (abused and neglected, of course, so it looks its best), but never any boxes laying around - but maybe they never put contractor TS boxes out on the floor?

I've seen the Jet(performax) drum sander on The Home Despot's site for a couple years now, too. They had a deal that almost made it worth getting and I watched it pretty closely. But it was only online, they said not stocked in stores. Kinda weird, there.

With all the criticism I have gotten for buying a Grizzly lathe instead of the Jet clone, I decided to check and see of there were any stocking dealers in my area. The Jet site produced many in an 80 mile radius. Puzzler, I have never seen a Jet tool in any of them. Friend, Tod, who is local to me is a non-stocking dealer but wasn't listed. Their marketing methods are a puzzler.

the district manager might be a little bit upset with me after i told him there was no way i`d stock imported tools that they "wholesaled" to me 2-3% less than amazon sells for:eek:.......not much profit for a pretty substantial investment......

Tod, will find this interesting. Yesterday, I went into a local store (Powell's) that was listed by Jet as one of their stocking dealers. The people in the store had never heard of Jet and do not carry their products. I wonder what kind of gas is powering those 'jets'. :eek:

If you'all don't mind, I'd like to pass something on from a JET rep. " There are several items I wouldn't sell to the non-DIY (dealers other than the borg) that you will see at the borg." They are not the same. *I take this to mean the quality as well as the price is lower. That they are designed for the casual woodworker/do it yourselfer.

Just my opinion.

Bruce