a couple of bowls I made last night

Zack Massey

Here are a couple of bowls I made last night. The first one is ambrosia maple, and the second one is cherry. Hope you like them

Attachments

• IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 30
Zack, both bowls are looking great, my favorite, the cherry.
How big are these bowls? Seems to me pretty big.
No cracking problems with the cherry?
Great work Zack. :thumb:

Ad

Nicely done Zack, both of those are winner! :thumb:

About your pictures, try to find a more neutral background, even a plain large bath towel, this will show off your work much better. Now, the pattern of the rug and sofa (?) are competing with your fine work, and the beautiful wood you have there. Just a suggestion.

Keep up the good work! :D

ok

Ok I will try to take better pictures. And no problem with cracking on the cherry yet but you know how it is.

You nailed them both, Zack. I'd have a hard time picking a favorite...they are both great. Here's an example of what Stu's talking about with the pictures. Your nice work deserves to be shown off well. A more plain background will help do that. (This is just a quick and dirty job...it's missing realistic shadows, and I did a bad job cropping the original pic.)

Zack Massey Ambrosia Maple Tweaked.jpg

You did great on both bowls, and should rightly be proud of them. :thumb:

No need for more pictures of these unless you want to, Zack. And no worries, we're really not trying to hound you about these. (They're a lot better than some I've taken.) ;) We're just offering suggestions for in the future. And trust me, if you'd rather not do them, that's perfectly cool, too. Didn't mean to sound like we were harping on you. :wave: I think most of us here wrestle with trying to get better pics, and we're just describing what has helped us out.

I'm sorry if I came on too strong, and I know Stu well enough to be pretty certain he is, too. :)

All good

I didn't take it wrong, I was just offering. But thanks for all the suggestions. I like the the input. The only way to get better is to listen to others. Thanks again. Oh I did try an off axis turning yesterday but I broke it. Any help or other pictures of off axis turning would be cool.