Does Ned have a roof yet?

Jim DeLaney

Staff member
[size=+1]Let's start a lottery! How long will it be before Ned has a roof on his shop?

I'll open with a guessed completion date of 27 May, 2008.

Any takers?[/size]

Now you guys take it easy on Ned, he is doing this as fast as he can........I think :huh:

Ned, if this keeps up, I might have to come over there and finish that dang roof myself :D

Git-R-Dun dude! :wave:

Hmmm... to have a good bet, you need someone to set an over/under. In other words, we need a betting line... ;)

Anybody on here got any bookie experience? ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Hmmm... to have a good bet, you need someone to set an over/under. In other words, we need a betting line... ;)

Anybody on here got any bookie experience? ;)

Thanks,

Bill

No bookie experience but I can handle the over/under thing. The walls of Ned's shop don't have a roof over them therefore he can't put his tools under it.:D

[size=+1]Let's start a lottery! How long will it be before Ned has a roof on his shop?

Any takers?[/size]
OK,
I've got to trade this car in in a week, how the heck do I get coffee stains out of the interior?
What do we win? Ned buy the winner a steak dinner?
MMMM nope
Jim you might have May right but I think you might have the year off by a decade or so.:rofl::rofl:

couple of months at the outside.
Now you guys take it easy on Ned, he is doing this as fast as he can........I think :huh:

Ned, if this keeps up, I might have to come over there and finish that dang roof myself :D

Git-R-Dun dude! :wave:
waiting for the roofer dude.

I'm in. July 5, 2008 (I'm betting he'll make good use of his time off for the holiday.)

I've got other plans for that weekend, going to take the wife out for a honeymoon trip.

A very good thread no doubt. Ned needs a push on this one. Ned ol' buddy you'll never get a chance to work on some great projects if your shop's only good for sleeping under the stars. Get on it dude.

Gents,
believe you me, I'm all for getting a roof on my shop, there's a ton of work to be done at chez bulken and I need my tools at the house to do them. I'm a big guy, however, and If I couldn't take a little ribbing from my friends here, I wouldn't be posting about the shop, now would I? And I'm definitely taking this in the spirit it was intended. Fear not, I'm laughing my head off on some of the dates. what do I get if I opt in on the bet? You going to take up a collection for the shop wiring fund?:rofl::rofl:

Status is that the roofing guy and I still haven't connected to talk about the particulars, work has me out until after his normal shop hours, and he's been on the jobsite when I've called. I'm going to chat with him this week and get the ball rolling soonest.

Gents, what do I get if I opt in on the bet? You going to take up a collection for the shop wiring fund?:rofl::rofl:
I smell a fix!

Sorry Ned, you have too much influence over the finish date to be eligible to participate in the pool. However, I applaud your imagination and effort. :clap:

Now, speaking of imagination, if you were to be a 'silent partner' in someone else's wager and try to influence the outcome for personal gain :eek: then I think we would have to call the whole thing off.:rofl:

Severe penalties would have to follow such an action. Perhaps we would have to send Larry to Chez Bulken to drain your barley pop reserves or we could send Travis over to drop a tree on your power line. :rofl::rofl:

I smell a fix!

Sorry Ned, you have too much influence over the finish date to be eligible to participate in the pool. However, I applaud your imagination and effort. :clap:

Now, speaking of imagination, if you were to be a 'silent partner' in someone else's wager and try to influence the outcome for personal gain :eek: then I think we would have to call the whole thing off.:rofl:

Severe penalties would have to follow such an action. Perhaps we would have to send Larry to Chez Bulken to drain your barley pop reserves or we could send Travis over to drop a tree on your power line. :rofl::rofl:

hey it was worth a shot ;)

note to self, get some barley pop on hand, and see about setting up a Travis-proof powerline.

This is getting harsh! :rofl: I say he'll have his tablesaw in the shop by the end of Memorial Day weekend.

Well, it is not meant to be harsh, it is meant to be fun, in a tongue firmly set in cheek way!

Just trying to encourage you to get it done Ned, so you can move on to enjoying your shop! :thumb:

Stu - I forgot the smiley next to the harsh- fixed it here. I, of all people, certainly know about good-natured picking on Ned. :wave:

Yup you are right Mark............ But will the table saw be under a roof:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Chuck, I had to burn about 8 willpower points not to say this in my post, and only one post later you add it in. Makes all my hard efforts seem in vain! :rofl:

Ned - maybe you could offer some barley pop (and I don't think the folks here mean Malta Goya! :rofl: ) to the roofer and ask him to pop by on a weekend when you're around.