Raised Panel Wainescoting walls ***Crown Molding up!***

Greg Cook

I posted about my powder room remodel here.. http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8695&highlight=powder

I finished installing and painting today. This is my first experience with raised panels, and I learned a lot.

Special thanks to Shaz for all his help, advice and patience with me on this project...:bow:

View attachment 20013

View attachment 20014

View attachment 20015

View attachment 20016

This is the return I decided to do.

View attachment 20017

This is what the original room looked like...

:doh:

Last edited:
Thanks, Vaughn...

Yeah, I would rather use the 22.5 degree when the return can extend beyond the paneling, but I think it worked out well here. And.....it's done! :rofl:

Looks wonderful Greg, how does the boss like it :D

When you move back here to Japan and live in one of our cardboard boxes, I bet you are really going to miss that nice American home you have now! ;) :wave:

Looks wonderful Greg, how does the boss like it :D

When you move back here to Japan and live in one of our cardboard boxes, I bet you are really going to miss that nice American home you have now! ;) :wave:

Stu,

Wife likes it :thumb:

When we move back, I plan on doing extensive remodeling and expansion on the house we get. Have no interest in getting a new home....I've seen/lived in enough to see they ain't worth it. :rolleyes:

What I will really miss is the lot...we have a shy acre here. We plan on probably getting a home on a 1/4 or 1/3 acre lot and then buying land further out for our mini farm. The area we are planning on moving to has a couple of DIY stores, as well as lots of local lumber yards.

Chuck,

How did you know I have all that "stuff", some still in boxes from many moves ago...in our garages...:huh: 3 bays stuffed! I gotta put some of it on craigslist! :doh:

:rofl:

Rennie, Thanks, but just remember, what I did good, was because of the help I got. What I did otherwise, was just me stumbling through the project....:eek: :D

Thanks much Chris,

Compliments from you mean a lot. I'm still amazed by your kitchens, especially the one you made from the re-cycled wood. I still go back and look at that thread and dream about one day....! :bow:

Hi Greg :wave:,
Congratulations for really wonderful results to what might have been a rather ho hum or even a botched job done by professionals which you had to pay for.:doh:
Looks like everything we discussed you forgot :eek: :rofl:, to your credit! :clap::clap: Beautiful job, great solution with your chair rail!
Shaz :)

Hi Greg :wave:,
Real classy looking little room, so classy it needs built in flat panel, a lazy boy, with music and a book, maybe a place to draw too. Great work, nice crown!:clap:
Shaz :)