Whatcha Making This Weekend?

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
I've been buried with work and out of town more than usual, so my shop time has been limited this past week. No real woodworking planned for me, since the shop is a little disarrayed right now. I've been working on the piping for my soon-to-arrive compressor as time permits, so things are shuffled around more than usual. (I can still get to the lathe and bandsaw no problem, though.) ;)

Aside from that, SWMBO has a Honey-Do list as long as a summer day in Alaska - mostly yard work and general cleanup around the house in preparation for a visit from my sis and BIL in a couple weekends.

So...what are you all working on this weekend? :wave:

I'm working hard to finish up a flag display case for my church. It's the first piece to come out of my shop that will hang in a place where multiple people will see it every time they enter the building. While it's small in stature, it is huge in symbolism, as it will house a flag that flew over Camp Fallujah in Iraq. I'm proud to have done it.

- Keith

Well, I'll be down in the Dungeon working for the first time, since March 11th! :thumb:

The leg is better everyday, still a ways to go, but I'm back at work, so I figure I'm owed a partial day in the Dungeon. :D

I'm going to be making a new double decker stand thing for our shop computers, we have a computer that runs the shop's cash register and does the taxes etc. Need to make a new set up for it.

Heck, I might even see if my lathe still works :D

Cheers!

Well did this morning garden work with the LOML, just finished with that nasty job. (not my hobby).
This evening birthday visiting, tomorrow to my son in Breda for a barbeque, not so bad with the beautiful summer weather we have right now.
Cheers. Ad

Sunday :( Ugh. Starting to dig big deep holes in the ground so I can install new valves in my sprinkler system. Bummer.

Saturday :D going for a joy ride in the mountains with the LOML.

I'm building some patio furniture out of black locust. It's my first venture with this wood, so i'm very intrigued. Also, our old picnic table is falling apart - glad to replace it.
Paul Hubbman

The gate on the back deck has lasted three years, but it needs some attention. I got the trim for the bathroom made, and cut, and fitted, but Doorlink wants it primed before it gets nailed down. I've got some birthday presents to make, and still haven't gotten the parts to fix the bandsaw...

Yikes. Oh, and three boys to keep track of, one of whom just ran out the front door...

Well, I'll be down in the Dungeon working for the first time, since March 11th! :thumb:

The leg is better everyday, still a ways to go, but I'm back at work, so I figure I'm owed a partial day in the Dungeon. :D

I'm going to be making a new double decker stand thing for our shop computers, we have a computer that runs the shop's cash register and does the taxes etc. Need to make a new set up for it.

Heck, I might even see if my lathe still works :D

Cheers!

Good to hear you're feeling better Stu! Can't wait to see what you'll come up with since you've had all this time to think about it. :D

Me?? I'm at work right now. I'll be off in another 2 hours and 15 minutes. Get my hair cut on the way home.
Started on my weekend project last night. Got the spot in the sidewalk prepped to fill in with concrete. Packed the soil, then put in some base material and packed it down. Built some quick forms on the sides. I think I have just enough concrete mix to do this spot.
Laid out the Biese fence I got during the Lowes sell off and played a little with where all the pieces go. I'll work on that the rest of the day. Depending on how much modification it takes, I'll finish it tomorrow, then mow. Have a great weekend. Jim.

ps. Got busy, it's time to go. Have a good weekend!! Jim.

Last edited:
My woodworking is going to be very modest this weekend. I'm going to laminate up a bunch of scrap pieces of plywood, mount it to my reloading bench and mount my powder measure to that to elevate it a little bit.

I'm also going to look through my wood inventory - if I find useful bits, I may expand on my dovetail jig holder thingee on the planer stand.

Hope everyone else has a happy and productive weekend!

Today (Saturday) I am working up the final drawer config for my latest effort (finger size, peg location, glide method and all that). Tomorrow Dad and I will be at 'the Woodworking Shows' in Pomona, Ca.

................Yikes. Oh, and three boys to keep track of, one of whom just ran out the front door...

Hey, as long as he does not have your wallet or car keys, why worry :D :D :D

Herding cats, I take it...... :rolleyes:

I have daughters, they only take the better part of the day to get ready to go anywhere....... :doh:

:wave:

I’m scattering some aluminum chips this weekend. I just finished making an engine airbox spacer for a friend’s very cool RV-7 homebuilt airplane.
I engraved my initials on it, I hope it outlasts me… :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Spacer.jpg
    Spacer.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 23
fixun and catchun up

am fixun things that went down while i was orbiting the world the last 2 weeks,,, tommorrow i need to put away the tools that have foung a way out from there stable,, those guys used my hand tools to take everything even if it was bolted tot he floor so now i have to put them back:eek::rofl:

I'm getting things done slowly but surely. Doing an end table in QSO. Just finished the drawer and am glad to report the fit is very close to perfect. Flatwork does have it's moments. :D. Now I have to make a drawer pull and to be honest am a little stumped. Drawer pulls are in a world all their own; a cross between flatwork and turning that need careful consideration. We'll see what I come up with.:huh:

Stu glad to see you back at it.

Here.............

.......... just to show I'm back in the Dungeon, but I'm doing FLATWORK :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Stu - I thought the only "flatwork" you were supposed to be doing was to be in bed flat on your back. :rofl:

Hope you're fully recovered!

Back on topic, I finished my little powder measure height increaser. Not really worth a picture, just some scraps of plywood glued together to make a spacer.

I'm also working on making my planer / dovetail jig stand better. After getting the dovetail jig up last weekend I realized that I need to have space for pieces to hang off the back of the jig - it can't be backed up against the planer. So, my plan is to make a hinged platform that can be folded up to live flush back against the planer, but can also we swung out 90 degrees to have space to work with things. Depending how far I get today I'll post pics of the progress.

If I don't get around to taking pics you're all going to have two wait for two weekends from now as next week is looking to be a big overtime week at work - possibly including weekend work.