Hello from Oregon

Douglas Jones

Hello. I'm pleased to have found this forum, It appears to have a good starting foundation.

I'm currently an ex-woodworker as I've sold my business and all of my equipment due mostly to some pretty big changes in my life.

I'm currently retired, but, I've been retired 3 other times and it just does not seem to fit me well.

It is my guess that this time it will not either, so, I've been examining some other crafts that have held my interest for some time and I've started playing with sandcarving with an eye towards laser engraving.

That said, I have allready has many thoughts of how if I just had some woodworking equip, I could merge the products. I most likely will eventually be mixing medias, of wood, glass, and metal.

Anyway, I'm here and glad of it.

Doug(las) Jones dang that other Doug Jones for getting here before me! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi Doug, I'm glad you found us. Retired 3 times huh....I'd like to retire just once, but I don't see that ever happening.

Enjoy the forum:thumb:

Welcome Doug(las),

I saw your question in another thread about funding this site. Instead of answering it directly, I thought I'd suggest you take a little time and read through some of the information in the members only forum. I suspect some of what you're wondering will be answered there. And if anything isn't, please don't be afraid to ask. We're a MEMBER RUN forum and have no secrets! :thumb:

- Marty -

Welcome Doug! I too, wood like to get into mixed wood-glass-metal projects some day (as long as there is a lot of wood). When you get around to working on such projects, please post descriptions and pictures here.

Thanks Marty...and I have read for many hours the many posts to this forum. Especially your saga which I'm loving. I first read every post without being able to see the pictures, and now I've gone through it completely again looking at your progress., What a shop you are building...so much my dream shop! The only thing that I would have reviewed and I'm sure you did is a indirect floor heating system...but then, my feet are so cold all day that my thinking is probably swayed!

How you find time to be so active with this forum, such extensive posting, and building such a place on your own with such loving but limited help..I raise my glass to you.

We all learn from others, and we all have tidbits to share that will educate, that is what makes these forums so valuable...but they do not run on desire alone, they take dedication and funds...

I have not been real vocal on the previous forum, but, I've been there regardless and I feel part of the family...gotta be a quiet kid in the corner in every family...right?

And Frank: I consider you a brother...I was born many a year ago in Toronto...I would like nothing better than to share my ventures into mixed media as they happen!

Doug

hi doug, glad you made it! i think you`ll feel right at home here? lookin` forward to your participitaion.....tod