Salvage of some long dead Elm

Chas Jones

_________ click on images for larger view
___ ___
_________(320mm)___________________(180mm)_____________________(268mm)

_________All finished with oil blend.

Wow Chas, they're all nice, but the wood in the lidded box is spectacular. :thumb: Very well done on all of them.

Chas, beautiful in one word, but the top of the bill is the lidded box, very special.
Ad :thumb:

Chas, I've been turning some elm lately too. These are great. I just put the first coat of oil on one bowl that is almost exactly like the third bowl....Well Done.:thumb:

Thanks for the comments, have a few more pieces from the same source just awaiting the inspiration as to how to avoid the worst of natures unwanted features. What has surprised me is how much this old timber moves after initial shaping, (it's known to have been in dry storage for 20+ yrs) it has to be worked inside and out in one session, even then there is no going back over previous areas, this movement has continued over the extended couple of days applying the oiled finish.

The Salvage job continues.

_________ ___

_________________Elm___________________(275mm)