Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whasup' this weekend?

Whasup' this weekend?

Not to try to take anything away from Todd's weekend thread but I always liked this. So what are you working on this weekend?

• I am going to finish up the shaper refurbish today
    • Once that is done I need to clean up the shop. It's a mess after this and I am really trying to clean up as I go and not wait till the ceiling gets to low to before removing the chips.
    • I need to order some shaper bits for the project(s) that I need this shaper for.
    • I have a cherry box I am working on I need to finish.
    • My wife asked me build her some shelving for her closet

That should keep me busy all weekend. So whats on you plate?
    Last edited by Jeff Horton; 12-09-2006 at 03:06 PM.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Claen and reoganise the shop/garage. more work in THE BIG DESK. Church in the AM tomarrow then back to the shop.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Take the girls to Ice Skating, in the early AM then most of the day in the Dungeon, we have a BIG crane coming tomorrow to put the equipment on the roof for the Cell antenna we are being paid to have installed.

Got a few more pieces of wood to process from the Ginko Wood Pile, then on to some Xmas gifts, Yo-yos, and stuff.

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Wait for the garage/shop to warm up a bit. Remake one of the pieces for a shelf for a client that broke during the install. Then get started on building this arch for a lady to mound her spitting lion fountain in.

Tomorrow is the Carolina Panthers game, so no shop time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    Take the girls to Ice Skating, in the early AM then most of the day in the Dungeon, we have a BIG crane coming tomorrow to put the equipment on the roof for the Cell antenna we are being paid to have installed.

Got a few more pieces of wood to process from the Ginko Wood Pile, then on to some Xmas gifts, Yo-yos, and stuff.

Cheers!
    I"m prepping the kitchen for the cabs I've been working on. I've got the old cabs out and the plumbing and electrical changes made. Now to move a wall and then crywall...I mean drywall (UGH!!!)

Stu, don't let those antenna folks hurt any of that wonderful wood on your roof. I see money for new tools coming out of that antenna.
    Thanks, Mark.

Custom Bonehead.

My diet is working good. I'm down to needing just one chair now.

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin

Well, weekend plans are always bigger than the time budget:

1) get the Christmas tree up with the lights on it (bought it this morning)
    2) cut and glue up the strips for the Wood Magazine cutting board project with my 8 year old son
    3) fit the drawers of the small chest I started in October... (yes - things don't happen here as fast as your shop)
    4) take a picture of my messy workbench (at its messyest point) for Tod's competition
    5) get interupted in doing the top 4 things by the kids and the wife.....but its all good!

- Norb

I'm going to continue to work on my xmas presents for staff. Since I have a dozen to make, I try to keep it simple. This year I'm making an arts n' crafts style picture frame based on a WOOD magazine project some years back.

I know this sounds very "scroogy" but I hate projects like these!

I'm picking up a couple of hutches I got on craigslist, finish up a Christmas cross for my BIL, more clean-up in the garage/shop. Also, remove the last of the wallpaper in the laundry room to get ready for painting. I may pick up some chair rail material, measure and cut to prepare for installing, once the wallpaper arrives and I can get it hung.

Greg

Steve Clardy Guest
    Ah. New shop roof.

I'm geeting a little tired of having moonlight for shop lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Norb Schmidt View Post
    Well, weekend plans are always bigger than the time budget:.....

3) fit the drawers of the small chest I started in October... (yes - things don't happen here as fast as your shop)

5) get interupted in doing the top 4 things by the kids and the wife.....but its all good!
    Norb, I just had to comment on your list. So much of it sounds like my house. Bigger list than time. Thats me! Getting interrupted is not as big an issue since it is just me and the wife. But it does happen a fair amount. But enjoy them kids! They won't be kids long. I love it when my niece or nephew comes over and interrupts me.

And the comment about getting done fast in my shop. There is a reason. I am self employed and that means I have more time than money. This time of year LOTS more time than money.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy View Post
    Ah. New shop roof.
    When I started this Steve, I knew what you were doing! Of everone on the list you were the only one I didn't have to ask.

Jeff
    Wondering how he is doing on his list?