Whasup' this weekend?

Jeff Horton

Not to try to take anything away from Todd's weekend thread but I always liked this. So what are you working on this weekend?

• I am going to finish up the shaper refurbish today
  • Once that is done I need to clean up the shop. It's a mess after this and I am really trying to clean up as I go and not wait till the ceiling gets to low to before removing the chips. ;)
  • I need to order some shaper bits for the project(s) that I need this shaper for.
  • I have a cherry box I am working on I need to finish.
  • My wife asked me build her some shelving for her closet

That should keep me busy all weekend. So whats on you plate?

Last edited:
Take the girls to Ice Skating, in the early AM :coffee: then most of the day in the Dungeon, we have a BIG crane coming tomorrow to put the equipment on the roof for the Cell antenna we are being paid to have installed.

Got a few more pieces of wood to process from the Ginko Wood Pile, then on to some Xmas gifts, Yo-yos, and stuff.

Cheers!

Wait for the garage/shop to warm up a bit. Remake one of the pieces for a shelf for a client that broke during the install. Then get started on building this arch for a lady to mound her spitting lion fountain in.
arch.jpg

Tomorrow is the Carolina Panthers game, so no shop time.

Take the girls to Ice Skating, in the early AM :coffee: then most of the day in the Dungeon, we have a BIG crane coming tomorrow to put the equipment on the roof for the Cell antenna we are being paid to have installed.

Got a few more pieces of wood to process from the Ginko Wood Pile, then on to some Xmas gifts, Yo-yos, and stuff.

Cheers!

I"m prepping the kitchen for the cabs I've been working on. I've got the old cabs out and the plumbing and electrical changes made. Now to move a wall and then crywall...I mean drywall (UGH!!!)

Stu, don't let those antenna folks hurt any of that wonderful wood on your roof. :eek: :D I see money for new tools coming out of that antenna. :D :D :D :thumb:

Well, weekend plans are always bigger than the time budget:

1) get the Christmas tree up with the lights on it (bought it this morning)
2) cut and glue up the strips for the Wood Magazine cutting board project with my 8 year old son
3) fit the drawers of the small chest I started in October... (yes - things don't happen here as fast as your shop)
4) take a picture of my messy workbench (at its messyest point) for Tod's competition
5) get interupted in doing the top 4 things by the kids and the wife.....but its all good!

- Norb

I'm going to continue to work on my xmas presents for staff. Since I have a dozen to make, I try to keep it simple. This year I'm making an arts n' crafts style picture frame based on a WOOD magazine project some years back.

I know this sounds very "scroogy" but I hate projects like these!:(

I'm picking up a couple of hutches I got on craigslist, finish up a Christmas cross for my BIL, more clean-up in the garage/shop. Also, remove the last of the wallpaper in the laundry room to get ready for painting. I may pick up some chair rail material, measure and cut to prepare for installing, once the wallpaper arrives and I can get it hung.

Greg

Ah. New shop roof.

I'm geeting a little tired of having moonlight for shop lights.;)

Well, weekend plans are always bigger than the time budget:.....

3) fit the drawers of the small chest I started in October... (yes - things don't happen here as fast as your shop)

5) get interupted in doing the top 4 things by the kids and the wife.....but its all good!

Norb, I just had to comment on your list. So much of it sounds like my house. Bigger list than time. Thats me! Getting interrupted is not as big an issue since it is just me and the wife. But it does happen a fair amount. :) But enjoy them kids! They won't be kids long. I love it when my niece or nephew comes over and interrupts me. :D

And the comment about getting done fast in my shop. There is a reason. I am self employed and that means I have more time than money. This time of year LOTS more time than money. :rolleyes:

Ah. New shop roof.

When I started this Steve, I knew what you were doing! Of everone on the list you were the only one I didn't have to ask. ;)

Jeff
Wondering how he is doing on his list?

Norb, I just had to comment on your list. So much of it sounds like my house. Bigger list than time. Thats me! Getting interrupted is not as big an issue since it is just me and the wife. But it does happen a fair amount. :) But enjoy them kids! They won't be kids long. I love it when my niece or nephew comes over and interrupts me. :D

And the comment about getting done fast in my shop. There is a reason. I am self employed and that means I have more time than money. This time of year LOTS more time than money. :rolleyes:

When I started this Steve, I knew what you were doing! Of everone on the list you were the only one I didn't have to ask. ;)

Jeff
Wondering how he is doing on his list?

Lol. Off to bed for me.:wave:

I'm working on designing and building an overhead blade guard with dust collection for the table saw. So far I have learned that one can't trust basement ceiling joists to be plumb. Nothing a few wedges couldn't cure, but this is all new to me, so it's learn as you go. Today hopefully will finish the blade guard and figure out how to mount it from the ceiling, so that it can be adjusted vertically as well as horizontally, and swing out of the way when need arises.

Dan

Working on a pair of cherry and maple music stands for my daughters... Oops. Hope that they don't see this post. It's supposed to be a Christmas surprise.

John

LOML and I just got home from visiting my parents in the U.P. (That's the Upper Peninsula for all you non-Michiganders) checked out dad's Christmas WW projects over libations, ate some of mom's food, played cards and had a nice visit with my sister who is home from University of Calif. Berkeley.

Nice day.

Bob