What do you put under a drill press?

Hi Art,

If you saw my thread about the fantastic DP base, you will know why I am going to "try it your way."

Going through the various comments about mobile bases at various sites, such as Amazon, it seems that the vast majority of the woodworkers complain about their commercial units. Almost all say that they are too flimsy. So I'm going to get some good casters and do it your way.

I am going to provide levelers at each corner for leveling, stability and for taking some, or most, of the pressure off of the casters. I hope that provides me with my second, and last attempt at obtaining a base for this unit.

My "fantastic" base took up some time and some parts and was a total failure. However, it did provide me some laughs. I hope others who read it get some laughs too.

Thanks and enjoy,

Jim

Last edited:
Yes Frank---you can say that on FWW. However, very few dictionaries have this word. I first encountered it about 70 to 75 years ago in a movie. The movie also involved a "pixilated" lady. Yes you can say that on FWW also.

My wonderful mother, being of sound mind and wishing to keep her mind sound, would send me to the Matinee every Saturday afternoon. I am sure she used that time to try and get her wits to regroup for the next week of having to put up with me.

Enjoy,

Jim