this is why I need a router table or stacked dado blades

as much as I tried to stay out of the garage today, I ended up back in there.
I decided besides a few little gifts my daughter requested,
I wanted to make the Dado jig. I printed out Glenns jig, spent some time getting my bushing guide,making sure I knew how to use it, hooked up the routers, looked for some machine screws big enough to put the jig together, got out the router bit to cut the slot, then started looking around the rack and floors, walls, for some wood to make it with.
Glenn, dude, you forgot to post one thing. You never posted what thickness wood I should use. Not thinking, I found a beautiful piece of oak ply(around 12 inches wide, more than enough), clean, dry, flat, figured why not, so I cut the rails and ends, making it 36 inches wide, and I took out the router and rabbet bit, and oh no!:eek:
cant use the 3/4 inch ply, the bushing is too deep and there wasnt enough wood left......oh man......back to the drawing board. I didnt have one piece long enough or enough of any 5/4 or even 4/4 hardboard. Have to wait to get a piece, but in the meantime, this is what Ill have to use.
at least the oak ply didnt go in the garbage, yet.(the jig makers of the world never have to fear that I might get their job)

Attachments

• Tiki 220 (Medium).jpg
    Tiki 220 (Medium).jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited: