taking wife shooting

Frank Fusco

In the a.m. we are taking off for a long weekend to attend the Arkansas State Muzzle Loading championships. My wife wants to get back to participating. She hasn't shot anything in years. We are taking her two rifles and a ton of extra equipment to accommodate her. It will be a lot of work and I'm not confident she will even hit paper but we hope to have some fun. I'll be competing in the flint lock only and Old Timers aggregates. Will holler at y'all next week. :wave:

Attachments

• Jaeger.jpg
    Jaeger.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 26
Uh...........Frank, you haven't done ANYTHING lately that might have caused the Wife to want to sharpen up her shooting skills again, have you?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Have fun, 'n keep them muzzles pointed Down Range.:thumb:

Uh...........Frank, you haven't done ANYTHING lately that might have caused the Wife to want to sharpen up her shooting skills again, have you?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Have fun, 'n keep them muzzles pointed Down Range.:thumb:

I was wondering the same...No new life insurance policies have been issued lately right? :D

Have fun. I need to get mine out of the cabinet and dust them off as well.

Um, Frank,

Not sure I'd ever want to get into a situation where Doorlink is armed and I'm within range! ;)

What can I say? Have fun, but watch your back! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Uh....Frank......your wife wants to suddenly sharpen her shooting skills and you are taking her out and assisting her? How long have you had these suicidal tendencies?

All in fun. At one time, she was quite a good shot and won many medals and trophies at the range. A late in life daughter, and other factors, has kept us away from competitive shooting for a long time. Now, we are getting back. It is a great activity and the people involved are super folks, great Americans. She has also hunted. Went with me for many years, never killed a deer. Then, one year, she killed two in one day. Did what she set out to do. Never hunted again.
BTW, we, obviously, haven't left yet. Will be leaving about noon, event starts tomorrow. We will be staying in son's lake house not far from the range
(got a photo of her, somewhere, with those two deer but it's not in my computer. :( Will have to locate and scan to show y'all later.)

Have fun Frank! spending the weekend at your son's lake house with the wife and shooting guns to boot...your one lucky man. :thumb:

So Frank, do you attend the shoot in Southern Indiana? Our Home Ec. Teacher and husband attend and do quite well. They are both retired, he was an elementary teacher as well as the principal.

So Frank, do you attend the shoot in Southern Indiana? Our Home Ec. Teacher and husband attend and do quite well. They are both retired, he was an elementary teacher as well as the principal.

This will probably be last post before leaving.
We lived not far from Friendship, Indiana, home of the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association, for almost seven years. The range was our second home every weekend and we competed in many championship shoots. I have been back once since we moved away in 1976. Hope to return some day. The organization has gone downhill since the powers that be abandoned the principals of traditional muzzle loaders. We pretty much confine our activities to distances we can now afford to drive.